TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Southgate Suicide - March 21st 2013, 09:29 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So today around Detroit, MI a rumor went around my school claiming that an eighth grader in Southgate schools had committed suicide. It's true.

He isn't named yet, but he committed suicide around 8:15 this morning in the boys wash room. He shot himself in the head. A student found him. People rushed him to the hospital and on his way there he died from his injuries. People said they didn't even know he was depressed or anything. His friends didn't even know. But they said he suffered from bullying. They just didn't think he would kill himself because at that school they literally take class about bullying and such. A note was left behind, but I don't know exactly what it had said.

I'm just really shocked that this happened and it's really upsetting to me. I only know one eighth grade boy at southgate and I hope it's not him. I don't think it is, but I just really hope it wasn't. It was scary hearing about this in school, I cant imagine what his friends and family are going through.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
whatwhy me Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sara

Re: Southgate Suicide - March 21st 2013, 09:38 PM

Sorry to hear about the loss. If there is anything that you want to talk about PM or VM me anytime.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Southgate Suicide - March 21st 2013, 10:08 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the loss. Suicide is unfortunately an epidemic that is growing at a fast rate. I'm sure the community is majorly impacted by the recent suicide, and I will keep all those effected (including yourself) in my thoughts.

If you ever need to talk/vent, feel free to PM me.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Southgate Suicide - March 21st 2013, 10:54 PM

Thank you guys so much. Some people claimed that he was depressed and bullied, but the school said he never complained about it. Another said he was kind of popular in school... But I'm not too sure

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Le Papillon Offline
a secret you can keep
I can't get enough

Name: Samuel

Re: Southgate Suicide - March 23rd 2013, 04:05 PM

This really shouldnt have happened at all, but I am glad it wasnt Jason.. Its a terrible thing that can happen to anyone, unfortunatly. You know Im always here for you if you need to talk.

formerly snowstorm, GoneBeyondRepair, and Breathless in Love
Repose en Paix, Grandad/mom H., Sito, Nay, Mary, Aunt S., Peter, Katie, Lexi, Mrs. Radoye, Mandii, Trevor, Megan, Uncle T., Erika, Aunt R., Braxton, Connie, Adam, Grandpa, Buttons ♥
The world will bleed its bloody tale. People will throw their stones. But the one thing you must always remember is:
You no longer walk alone.
-Blake Bliss

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Southgate Suicide - April 3rd 2013, 05:29 PM

That sounds really tough. I can't imagine how his family will be feeling.

Sometimes people don't complain about being bullied, or even mention that they're depressed. They bottle it up until something snaps, and that's when something like this happens. It's awful but it's true.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

Closed Thread