TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

A family friend has gone for ever - April 20th 2009, 10:39 AM

So this week a family friend died from parkisons disease ( cant spell)
And even though i wasnt close to him and saw him only once i year im not copin well.

U see dad had known him since he was a boy and he isnt copin well and its rubbin off on me.
i keep on emange John ( the name of person whose died) Trapped in his body not bein able to do anything for himself and in pain.

I cant cope with death at all and im really upset but no one knows ow much this news has affected me because like i said we didnt see him much.

Im cryin at the thourght that nexted chrimas there will be a empty chair.
I know he is with God and in no pain now but i really liked him
LIZ

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  Send a message via MSN to Liz94  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: A family friend has gone for ever - April 21st 2009, 12:32 AM

Hey there, Elizabeth.

It seems like things are pretty difficult for you and your family, right now. I cannot begin to express how sorry I am for your loss. The loss of someone we care for, and know, is never easy--no matter how often we see them. Simply making peace with the fact that we cannot see them, again, is not an easy thing to do.

It sounds like your father is taking this loss especially hard. There's no way to prepare for the loss of someone, especially someone we have known for most of our lives. When we grow accustomed to their presence, it's easy to forget they may not always be there, and it's impossible to ready ourselves for that reality.

Do you have someone to talk to, Elizabeth? Whether it be with a family member, a trusted teacher, or a counselor, talking about how you're feeling is very important. Reaching out during our times of need is a difficult but necessary thing to do. You don't have to go through this alone.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need to talk. Take care of yourself.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: A family friend has gone for ever - April 25th 2009, 10:07 PM

Hey Elizabeth,

When anyone in your life passes away it effects you. It effects you wether it was your hermit neighbor or your best friend. I would highly recommend that you talk to someone about how this is effecting you. If you can, it might even be a good idea to talk about it with your dad so he doesn't feel so alone in his pain. It is understandable that your dad would be going through a really hard time. I would try to be there for him as much as possible but if it starts to wear you down to much then take a break. Get out of the house if you just can't deal with the gloomy atmosphere. Don't feel bad about going out and trying to have some fun. Even if you don't necessarily feel like going out, forcing yourself to get out of the house could take your mind off of things. Do what you need to in order to get through this. If you ever need anyone to talk to I am here for you. Take care and hang in there.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Closed Thread