TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tonya

Nanny - June 15th 2013, 02:22 AM

My husband's grandmother whom we called Nanny passed away Tuesday. Visitation services were last night I went it was so hard to see her like that. I had to be there for my husband though and for Poppy he is taking it so hard. Today was the service and burial I had to work, but I just looked on Nanny's facebook page because people had been posting sweet things about her and someone posted a short clip of the burial ceremony when the casket was being carried in and one of her friends was playing the bag pipes. I hust started bawling and can't stop. I didn't know Nanny long but the 2 years I did were great she always had a smile on her face.

Buddy since 11/17/12 Live Help Operator since 1/27/13 HelpLINK Mentor since 6/30/13
Email: tgentry7712@gmail.com send me an email if you want to.

Tumblr ecaepevolhgualevil
  Send a message via Skype™ to hopefuldreamer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Nanny - June 15th 2013, 06:06 PM

I'm sorry for you loss.
Even if you didn't know her long, you still knew her, and it is still important to remember that time, and moments just as if it was someone you had known your whole life. I am sure your husband appreciated you being there for him, he will understand that you upset about her. You both need to be there for each other. You both need to grieving. She was part of both of your lives.
Its okay to cry, its okay to not be okay about it.
Again, I am so sorry for your loss, remember the times you had together, short or long. It makes a difference.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MGICECUBE15 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Meera

Re: Nanny - June 16th 2013, 10:06 AM

Hi Tonya,

Sorry to hear about your loss.
If you ever need to talk to anyone, feel free to PM or VM me anytime you want to.
It doesn't matter if you didn't know her for too long, you still knew her and it is okay to cry.
It is okay to let your emotions out.
Even though she has passed away , she will still be in your heart- she is still with you and your husbands family.

Love from MEERA xx

Be Strong, Have Faith, Have Courage xx

Current Mental Health - Sever depression, SAD,Self harm, Suicide thoughts, anxiety attacks and voices in my head.

Current Medicines - Fluoxetine

Feel free to PM me anytime , I love getting PM's and I love supporting people as it distracts me from my horrible thoughts.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Nanny - June 17th 2013, 12:50 AM

I'm extremly sorry to hear about the loss. Losing someone is never easy. I am always here if you need someone to talk/vent too.

Take care of yourself.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Nanny - June 19th 2013, 12:29 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. It can be hard and is never easy when you lose someone.

If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always here.

Member Since 1/15/2012

Closed Thread