TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Angry Gone but never forgotten - July 19th 2013, 09:02 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Had a phone call yesterday...My friend Jordan, sadly passed away. He was out sunbathing on his roof as the people who had previously lived there used to. He slipped and fell off dying instantly when he hit the floor. I'm in shock. He was the same age as me, we grew up in the same village, went to the same schools and hung out a lot, but when I moved I didn't get to see him as much. Now I wished I had been able to see him more often before this tragic accident. Goodbye Jordan, we love you.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Gone but never forgotten - July 19th 2013, 09:18 AM

I am very sorry to hear about this incident. Such a tragic loss. I have been in similar positions, wishing that I could have been around more, cherished the time that I did spend with that person, etc. The fact is, we think: 'That will never happen. He/she won't die'. But it's always a possibility. That's why after losing a few friends suddenly in the past, I try to end all conversations with people as if it's the last time I'll see them. I give them a big hug, smile alittle, maybe crack a joke, and walk away feeling satisfied, because I know that if they passed away the next day, I wouldn't regret anything.

My thoughts are with you and all those effected by this.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: Gone but never forgotten - July 19th 2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
I am very sorry to hear about this incident. Such a tragic loss. I have been in similar positions, wishing that I could have been around more, cherished the time that I did spend with that person, etc. The fact is, we think: 'That will never happen. He/she won't die'. But it's always a possibility. That's why after losing a few friends suddenly in the past, I try to end all conversations with people as if it's the last time I'll see them. I give them a big hug, smile alittle, maybe crack a joke, and walk away feeling satisfied, because I know that if they passed away the next day, I wouldn't regret anything.

My thoughts are with you and all those effected by this.

Best wishes,
Chris
Thank you so much Chris. It is so hard to lose people you are close to. I only found out yesterday as well that my old neighbour died as well. I think you posted on that thread too. There is going to be a memorial service held for Jordan, he had been sunbathing on that room for years and had never come off it once. I am just pleased he didn't feel anything, he died instantly. Now he is our angel looking down on us. I've lost so much these past few years but I am going to try and be strong.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Gone but never forgotten - July 19th 2013, 06:03 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, if you ever need to talk, I'm here. Remember the good times with him, you are right about one thing, he is looking down on all of you now.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Digit. Offline
Perfect INTP stereotype
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jason

Re: Gone but never forgotten - July 19th 2013, 06:30 PM

I'm so sorry this happened Michaela
it is hard to lose someone close to you. Especially when you grew up with them. If you ever need to talk feel free to PM/VM me. RIP Jordan

Every heartbreak we go through makes us the perfect person for our soulmates. Shaping us into what they've always been looking for.

Need to talk, PM me.

To people(like me) who think asking for help annoys people I say:
It would bother me if you DIDN'T ask for help.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
♔ Queen of Ambivalence ♔
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Gone but never forgotten - July 19th 2013, 06:43 PM

I am so sorry. I send my best wishes to you and all his family and friends.

♥ PM me anytime, I'm here for you ♥

Out of the ashes I'm burning like a fire. You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar. I've got shame, I've got scars that I will never show. I'm a survivor in more ways than you know. 'Cause all the pain and the truth, I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed, so confused, I was broken and bruised. Now I'm a warrior.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: Gone but never forgotten - July 20th 2013, 10:42 AM

Thank you guys
I know it will be hard to come to terms with his death but I just keep remembering the good times we had together. We had known each other since we were small so I have plenty of memories and photographs to cherish. It's his funeral/memorial next week...I know I will probably end off breaking down and crying there. I haven't cried yet since I found out about the accident. I don't seem to be able to, but I know it will hit me when I go to the funeral
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Gone but never forgotten - July 20th 2013, 12:35 PM

Keep staying strong Michaela, and keep reflecting on the good old memories. Feel free to PM any of us if you need to talk or vent.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Pug girl!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bre :3

Re: Gone but never forgotten - July 29th 2013, 05:27 PM

I want to start out by saying I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy losing someone we truly care about, and it becomes a lot harder when we haven't seen them lately. We sometimes blame ourselves saying if we had been there maybe things would be different. Just know, that you did all you could by being a great friend. Moving was out of your control, but I'm sure they knew you loved and cared about them even with the move. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to. Stay strong and remember the good times. <3

LIVE HELP ASSOCIATE
08/07/14 Social Networking Team

She walks away the colors fade to grey. - Black Keys

Keep your head up, you're only one grey day away from sunshine.

10/15/2015- The day he came into my life and made it all okay.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: Gone but never forgotten - July 30th 2013, 03:41 PM

I'm really sorry for you loss, just treasure all the good times and memories you both had shared. It will get easier in time.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

Closed Thread