TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Keepholdingon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ellie

My granddad died - September 16th 2013, 12:36 AM

My granddad died a few weeks ago and, still, i just cry at random times, usually when i'm alone, and it feels like i can't stop being sad about his death. I knew that he was going to die soon the last time i saw him, but the tears just keep on comming.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: My granddad died - September 16th 2013, 12:49 AM

Keepholdingon, it's okay to cry, if it helps get it all out; go ahead and cry. It is okay to be sad about his death; grieving doesn't happen over a few weeks. Continue to grieve, continue to cry if it helps.

I'm sorry for you loss, one day it will get easier. I'm here if you ever need to talk.
-Kayla

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Deleted115 Offline
Привет
Average Joe

Re: My granddad died - September 16th 2013, 12:54 AM

Awwh, thats such a BIG SHAME. I feel really bad for you, and for your family

Its never ever easy to lose someone, its tough, harsh and unfair.

Don't think crying is bad, ITS GOOD, it shows strength not weakness. It takes a tough person to cry, whoever doesn't cry is not tough; just needs to see a shrink!

My granddad died before i really young; but i look up to him, especially since he fought in the Falklands. My other granddad on the other side of my family is a bit..well...y'know.

Its so sad to lose someone..but as it may be said by few, 'one part of growing up is accepting the inevitability of death' is clearly very true, yet very sadly harsh. But you know your a tough person i can see you'll be okay.

Your granddad is very proud of you, keep your head up high, don't feel sad.

Soldier on and don't look back at the past; but you'll always have a place in your heart for your dear granddad, he is looking at you now, and he is VERY Proud of you.

I'm here for you if u ever want a chat or Anything, you one brave Awesome Person <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: My granddad died - September 16th 2013, 01:20 AM

Hey there. I'm sorry to hear about the recent loss. Losing someone you really care about can be one of the hardest things we ever have to do. I agree with some of the other posts. Emotions, crying, all that stuff - it's normal, and most importantly it's healthy. However, if the loss is starting to effect majority of your life (ie: you can't stop thinking about it, you aren't able to function, etc), then that's when it becomes unhealthy. If that is the case, or becomes the case, then seek help. You can seek help by either talking to a school counselor, or finding some outside counseling to attend.

I hope that things get better, and that you start to feel better aswell. Take care of yourself.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: My granddad died - September 16th 2013, 11:19 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about your granddad. It really is okay to cry, you know? It's definitely better than to hold everything in. Maybe you can find other ways to express your emotions as well, like writing, art, making music, or even exercise.

Or, talk to the people in your life about what's going on. I bet your family is going through this too, so talk to them and you all can be a support system for one another, talking everything through. Maybe you all can remember some of the happy or funny times and have a laugh out of it as well, because laughter's just as good as tears.

You can also talk to a friend, guidance counselor, teacher, or therapist about this and they'll all be willing to help you.

Maybe you can find a good way to remember or honor your granddad. Maybe you can make a scrapbook with all the good things the two of you did together, for instance, or you can write out anything you'd want to say to him. What you do with it after is up to you. You can tie it to a balloon and let it go, rip it up, burn it, keep it, or something else.

Also know that your granddad is really proud of you. He's watching over you, smiling down on you and guiding you through the tough times. It may be hard now, but as they say, time heals all wounds.

You can do this.

-Dez

(#6 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: My granddad died - September 17th 2013, 02:23 AM

Hey there,

I can't even express how sorry I am to hear about your granddad. Death is one of the most difficult things to go through, and you should feel no obligation to feel better yet. Death affects different people in different ways, and it's best to just let your emotions run their course and start healing when YOU are ready. If you need to cry, do it. If you're sometimes not sure how you feel, that's all right. Whatever emotions you may have are okay.

If it's not too difficult to talk about, it might help to discuss your feelings or just talk about your granddad with someone you trust. Talking about someone you've lost can help you to feel closer to them and make you feel better. I'm also always around if you ever need to talk or just want to have a chat.

Take care of yourself,
Hailey

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

(#7 (permalink)) Old
JollyRancher. Offline
Princess of the Unicorns
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Daisy or Dacashe

Re: My granddad died - September 17th 2013, 02:42 PM

I am so sorry about your granddad. My grandfather died this year as well. Death is to sudden and it holds you down.

Used to be Misslostintears
If you ever want to talk or something, i am always here.
I've been around for a while now.

If someone tells you that something you love is wrong,
THEY ARE WRONG
IF someone tries to destroy your dreams,
SHOW THEM THAT WHAT THEY DO IS NOT GOING TO STOP YOU

YOU ARE YOUR OWN BOSS,
IT'S YOUR LIFE,
LIVE IT YOUR WAY!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Keepholdingon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ellie

Re: My granddad died - September 28th 2013, 06:14 AM

Thank you, all of you.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: My granddad died - September 28th 2013, 11:54 AM

Hey Ellie.

I'm sorry to hear this. Everyone else has covered the actual advice parts, and I don't have much to add, other than my sympathies, so I'll just second what the lovely users above me said. One of the most accurate statements about death that comes to mind is 'it's always sudden' - no matter how long you have to prepare for it, somehow it always catches you off guard. It will take time to heal, so be gentle with yourself, and grieve however you feel is right.

Take care, and remember you're not alone.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: My granddad died - September 28th 2013, 01:13 PM

Hi Ellie, sorry to hear of your loss. Let yourself cry as greieving is natural after a death, don't hold your feelings in and let them bottle up as that just makes things worse. You could start of a memory box or book to help you remember him, maybe fill it up with pictures of him and memories of him.
I'm always here if you want to talk, I know how your feeling right know, it will gradually get easier.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Rockey Offline
Live Life While You Can
Not a n00b

Name: Justin

Re: My granddad died - September 28th 2013, 05:29 PM

Hello,

I'm extremely sorry about your loss. I understand how you feel. When my grandmother died I couldn't stop the crying. The best thing to do is just cry it out. Maybe you have someone you can talk to?

Good luck. :/

Send a message via Skype™ to Rockey 
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
ag36 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Allie

Re: My granddad died - October 9th 2013, 06:12 PM

Remember, this is normal. It will eventually pass. You will always love and miss your grandfather but eventually after all the pain and crying is coming to an end you will be able to convince yourself that everything will be alright and he is not in pain anymore.

Closed Thread