TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bigBN2010 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brandon

a babys death - April 27th 2009, 12:43 AM

has anyone ever lost their baby? really long story short, march of last year my 11 month old little girl Cara and her mom were killed in a car wreck. and if anyone has how do u feel now because im always really depressed and i pretty much always want to kill myself

(#2 (permalink)) Old
alixthetree Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: alix

Re: a babys death - April 27th 2009, 01:05 AM

i haven't but i'm sorry that that happened...and i hope things get better for you

Accept and Never
Forget Only
Life Dies.

No matter the amount of negativity you're presented with...
5 minutes from now could be your best moment.
-Mod Sun

Send a message via AIM to alixthetree Send a message via MSN to alixthetree Send a message via Skype™ to alixthetree 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough

Name: Brittney

Re: a babys death - April 27th 2009, 01:42 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Brandon. I've never lost a baby and I can't even imagine how much that must hurt. I don't know if you believe in a higher power, or God, or what but I think it helps if you imagine your loved ones in a better place and looking down on you. I know it's nothing that you can really make sense of, and I don't think you should even try, but it might help knowing that you now have two very special guardian angels watching out for you. It might help if you talk to a therapist or someone about this, too. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to message me.

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
kayduh2010 Offline
My lover, and Best Friend
Average Joe

Name: Kayla Marie

Re: a babys death - April 27th 2009, 02:02 AM

that's so horrible. i've never lost a baby before, but i almost lost my little sister and my mom when she was born and it was terrifying. i can't imagine how horrible it must be to actually loose them though. if you even need to talk, you can PM me. i get on here almost every day. i may not have all the answers but i can try and i can sympathize with you.

KayduhMarie

Pm me ANYTiME!!

i love him. :]
KMR<3DMB

(#5 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Re: a babys death - April 27th 2009, 03:19 AM

I've never lost a baby and I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. I can only imagine how difficult it is. Hang in there. I know it's hard, but I'm sure they'd both want you to be strong.

I'm going to move this to Death and Grieving because I feel that it would be better suited for there. If anyone disagrees please feel free to either move it back or PM me about it.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Care-o-Bear Offline
I <3 him! :)
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Caroline

Re: a babys death - April 27th 2009, 07:43 AM

I've had a few big loses in my life but none of them compare to this. I'm so terribly sorry, that is so tragic and I'm so incredibly sorry you have to go through this!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: a babys death - April 27th 2009, 07:07 PM

My sister was a stillbirth. Even though I never knew her, I feel connected because my middle name is her first name.
But I have dealt with to many deaths for a 16 year old... I won't go into detail cause thats not the point, but I lost familly friends and boyfriend in one year and let me tell you, I KNOW what your going through. It sucks so bad. But even though I lost so many people, I got over it. I gave it time for the greif to heal, and eventually it did. I'm not saying it's easy, nor will it pass at all quickly. But it starts to fade, you think about them less and less until one day you wont think about them at all. It gets easier.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: a babys death - April 27th 2009, 11:02 PM

Hey Brandon,

When anyone dies it leaves us with a big wound. When a baby dies many people don't know how to heal that wound. How do you grieve someone you hardly got to know? Something that was so much a part of you has been ripped away so how are you supposed to feel whole? I feel that same emptiness you are experiencing. While my situation was different I do believe we share some of the same pain. I would love to talk to you about all of this if you'd be willing to share your story with me. I don't feel comfortable posting my exact story but I'd be willing to explain it to you if you PM me. We can get through this together. The healing has to start somewhere. I am here for you if you need me. Take care and hang in there.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: a babys death - April 28th 2009, 02:53 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss x

(#10 (permalink)) Old
erika-snowden Offline
NOOB =]
Not a n00b

Name: erika

Re: a babys death - May 10th 2009, 09:56 AM

My little brother died shortly after being born and that was an extremely bad time in my life so my heart goes out to you even though I know I can't begin to comprehend how much pain you must be in. Alls I can offer you are some words that helped me a little and I really hope they might help you in any way at all.

Your baby girl will never have to grow up in a world where pain and suffering is at every corner, she will never have to experience loss, grief, pain or hurt. Alls she knew is love and she will continue in this way for eternity.

*hug* I'm so sorry.

Love Longer.
Laugh Louder.
Hug Harder.
Smile Bigger.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: a babys death - May 19th 2009, 05:48 PM

I have never lost a child, but my mom's first born daughter died only two days after she was born. She had trisomy 18 and heart complications. In result, my dad started drinking (and has pretty much never stopped) and my mom doesn't even talk about it. The only time it ever really comes up is on the baby's birthday when we go to the cemetary where she was buried and leave flowers. If you're still having trouble coping, I would suggest getting professional help, go to a counselor or something. I would hate to see something happen like with what happened with my dad. You have to deal with it, you can't cling to vices. (I'm not saying that you are depending on vices, but it shouldn't get to that point).

(#12 (permalink)) Old
TrustingThePain Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brianne

Re: a babys death - May 27th 2009, 10:47 PM

I do know how it feels honey, I lost my little girl to cancer three years ago. and it sucks, like your whole world is crashing around you, only worse. the thing that got me through it ws my reliion, I mean I was really angery at god for a while and then my then boyfriend dragged me to church, it was the first tim in three months i had felt anything but anger, ibroke down i cried, i wllowed, fatty foods and depressing movies and then one day, ifelt a little better so i went back to church, slowly i began to feel it was okay, i mean it still hurts but she suffered and it wasn't fair what her little body had gone through, she is better off in the arms of the lord than here where she could feel pain. anytime you need to talk and i'm online, pm me, i know how it gets.

Let the attempting conception begin!
(In June 2010)

Military Spouse, Toughest Job In the Military!

(#13 (permalink)) Old
missinyou Offline
Average Joe

Name: Stephanie

Re: a babys death - May 27th 2009, 10:48 PM

I'm sooo sorry for your loss. I have lost a dad but never someone else even closer to me. It gets easier as time goes on but rely on God and don't give up. I have thought about ending it all, but in the end that is about one of the worst things that you can do to yourself. My heart goes out to you. I'm praying. Feel free to message me at any time.

Last edited by missinyou; May 27th 2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
  Send a message via MSN to missinyou  
Closed Thread