TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
UndeadKilljoy Offline
We all go a little crazy..
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Thomas

Unhappy It's coming up. - March 3rd 2014, 07:32 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So the 2 year anniversary of his death is coming up.

I guess I should explain the situation.

So.. Me and my friend were out riding our long-boards, I got the bright idea to ride down suicide hill (biggest hill in the town). So him and I agreed and he said he'd go first, I offered to go first since it was my idea but he refused so I followed about 15 seconds behind him to make up for my boards speed compared to his. Mind you, it was about 9p.m at that point.

We were going about 81kmh towards the bottom of the hill, there was a traffic light there. There were no cars coming(That we could see) and we had the green-light from our side anyways. Oh, we had our ear-buds in so we couldn't hear anything, including each-other...

I saw the van before he did... I screamed to him but he couldn't hear... It didn't have it's lights on and it ran the light.. I watched him go flying as he hit the edge of the hood and then go under the car...

I was flipping shit.. I bailed off my board and fell. God.. I remember everything so clearly... I stumbled towards him and collapsed next to him.. There was blood. everywhere. This guy was my first friend in middle-school and my best friend ever since. I held him in my arms. He died there... I sobbed... I was drenched in his blood.. Especially the impact... His face hit the first and blood went everywhere onto me.. There was nothing I could do but sit there with his body screaming and sobbing for him to get up and to be ok... I left. I didn't stay.. I called the cops and ran.. Just ran.. No one knew I was there.. I don't know if the van stopped or came back.. I was so just lost.. It still haunts me.. Especially since it was within a month of my girlfriend killing herself..

I never told anyone..

~I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.~

Last edited by UndeadKilljoy; March 3rd 2014 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Needed to add prefix.
  Send a message via Skype™ to UndeadKilljoy 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: It's coming up. - March 3rd 2014, 09:20 PM

This must of been really hard for you.
Going through something that tragic, and holding it in, never telling anyone. Its not good for you.
I encourage you to speak up and talk to someone about it, weather it be another friend, someone professionally that can help you through it. It will help you, it can heal you.
Don't hold this in, it can only hurt you and make you feel worse. Remember there was nothing you could do, and you should not blame yourself.
I think a professional will say the same to you, but they would be able to talk to you, and help you through this, more than any of us could.
I hope this helped.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
UndeadKilljoy Offline
We all go a little crazy..
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Thomas

Re: It's coming up. - March 5th 2014, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lygophobia.♥. View Post
This must of been really hard for you.
Going through something that tragic, and holding it in, never telling anyone. Its not good for you.
I encourage you to speak up and talk to someone about it, weather it be another friend, someone professionally that can help you through it. It will help you, it can heal you.
Don't hold this in, it can only hurt you and make you feel worse. Remember there was nothing you could do, and you should not blame yourself.
I think a professional will say the same to you, but they would be able to talk to you, and help you through this, more than any of us could.
I hope this helped.
Thank you Lygophobia Although, I will not seek professional help appreciate the reply! I'm just dreading the day coming.

~I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.~
  Send a message via Skype™ to UndeadKilljoy 
Closed Thread