TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Thumbs down Rosalie Amelia - March 14th 2014, 02:02 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Rosalie Amelia was born on the 28th December 2013, however, I had very complicated labour and things didn't go well at all. She didn't come out breathing, they tried for nealy half an hour to get her to breathe but there was nothing. She was classed as a still born and I'd had to go down to surgery for stitches. Devastated just isn't the word for this, I'd grown to love her a lot in the 9 months that I'd carried her and not being able to say hello to her or anything breaks my heart. She was born 8 pound 8 ounces, the doctors still can't figure out what caused her to stop breathing, they said it could have possibly been the cord but we will never know what truly caused it, it could have been anything. I blame myself all of the time for her death even though I know it wasn't my fault.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Rosalie Amelia - March 14th 2014, 02:31 AM

I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. Nothing is ever harder than that moment when you lose a child, no matter how it happens.
You just have to know its not your fault. There are lots of people in the world that have gone through the exact same thing as you are right now, and they all probably feel just the same.
You need to grieve, cry, and move past this step in your life. She wouldn't want you to be upset.
I am not sure if you believe this or not, but I think she is in heaven with your family, and they are taking care of her. You will see her again.

I am so sorry you had to go through this tragic event, the best thing you could do for yourself is to talk to someone who has gone through it, ask them how they coped, and how things worked from there. No matter what, you will always remember your little girl.

I hope one day, you find peace, and happiness.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: Rosalie Amelia - March 14th 2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lygophobia.♥. View Post
I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. Nothing is ever harder than that moment when you lose a child, no matter how it happens.
You just have to know its not your fault. There are lots of people in the world that have gone through the exact same thing as you are right now, and they all probably feel just the same.
You need to grieve, cry, and move past this step in your life. She wouldn't want you to be upset.
I am not sure if you believe this or not, but I think she is in heaven with your family, and they are taking care of her. You will see her again.

I am so sorry you had to go through this tragic event, the best thing you could do for yourself is to talk to someone who has gone through it, ask them how they coped, and how things worked from there. No matter what, you will always remember your little girl.

I hope one day, you find peace, and happiness.
I keep trying to tell myself that it's not my fault as I didn't know how things would turn out during the labour. I think she got stuck and that's what may have caused it. She will always be in my heart and yes you are right, the family that have died and are up there will be taking good care of her
I just wish I'd had the chance to say a proper hello but many people have never had the chance.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Rosalie Amelia - March 14th 2014, 10:44 PM

Yes they are, and its going to be okay. Just keep your head up high, and continue to try to get better with this.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Rosalie Amelia - March 15th 2014, 12:11 AM

Hey there, Michaela.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine what you have gone and are going through right now. I can't relate to your specific situation, but I can relate to losing someone that I love. The recovery process after an event like this is horrific, but it is necessary.

As previously said, remember that this isn't your fault. Drill that into your head, if you're able too. It's unfortunate that tragedy's happen, but they do. And when they do, majority of the time no one is "at fault" for them. They're unfortunate accidents.

Keep your head up, take the necessary amount of time to grieve, and keep pushing through.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: Rosalie Amelia - March 15th 2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Hey there, Michaela.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine what you have gone and are going through right now. I can't relate to your specific situation, but I can relate to losing someone that I love. The recovery process after an event like this is horrific, but it is necessary.

As previously said, remember that this isn't your fault. Drill that into your head, if you're able too. It's unfortunate that tragedy's happen, but they do. And when they do, majority of the time no one is "at fault" for them. They're unfortunate accidents.

Keep your head up, take the necessary amount of time to grieve, and keep pushing through.

Best wishes,
Chris
Thank you Chris. I am slowly starting to recover physically and mentally. Have to go back to the hospital this month to get checked over.
I know this is not my fault and I keep drumming it into myself.
My family are being really supportive and I can talk to them about how I am feeling after what happened.
Closed Thread