TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_Mess Offline
Trying to figure my life out..
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Beth

Lost another friend :'( - April 2nd 2014, 11:46 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

A few days ago, I lost another friend to suicide, His name was Peter. He was 18.
I didn't see this happen like I seen, my other friend Micheal take his own life, I sorta feel at fault, becuz the night he took his life, we were talking and I was talking him outta it...but my damn internet went out and I couldn't get back on till early the next morning..
When I finally got on that morning, I had gotten a email from his family, telling me Peter sliced his wrists and bled to death. They wanted to also tell me that as far as they could see that I was the last person he talked to. I don't understand why I have to lose sooo many people...Hell I watched Micheal take his own life, what maybe a month ago? This is just too much sometimes.
Talking to people don't help, I talk to my mom whenever I need her. I pretty much spend most of my time sleeping and or talking to my mom. She's the only one helping me thru all this shit I'm going thru, I mean she isn't taking all the pain away, but she's helping me get thru it and such.
I also want to ask that you guys pray, for Peter's family, and me. His family is going thru hell right now, Peter was very, very loved, by many people...yet he still had his problems.

R.I.P Peter, I miss you, terrible..so do many others.<3

Waiting is a sign of true love and patience,anyone can say "I love you" But not everyone can wait and prove it's true.

Some say it's painful to wait for someone,Some say it's painful to forget someone,But the worst pain comes when you don't know whether to wait or forget.

Last edited by Chris; April 5th 2014 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Added: Triggering (SH) title

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MadeToLive Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Liv

Re: Lost another friend :'( - April 3rd 2014, 12:07 AM

I will definitely be praying. I'm so incredibly sorry to hear about that. That must be so beyond difficult for you. I'll be praying.

be who you are, not what the world wants you to be.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_Mess Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Lost another friend :'( - April 3rd 2014, 12:16 AM

Thank you Liv, that means alot.

Waiting is a sign of true love and patience,anyone can say "I love you" But not everyone can wait and prove it's true.

Some say it's painful to wait for someone,Some say it's painful to forget someone,But the worst pain comes when you don't know whether to wait or forget.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jays Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jamie Sue

Re: Lost another friend :'( - April 3rd 2014, 12:21 AM

I am really sorry for your loss. I have lost many people to suicide too. My best friends shot himself just about 3 weeks ago. A friend jumped in front of the metro rail about 7 weeks ago. And my brothers wife hung herself about 2 months ago (we were close). If you need anyone to talk. I am alway a good listener.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_Mess Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Lost another friend :'( - April 3rd 2014, 12:33 AM

Wow...that's about how long it's been since MY best friend shot himself...and I'm sorry for your losses too...and thank you..same goes to you

(#6 (permalink)) Old
stelles Offline
stelles
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Estelle/Stelles

Re: Lost another friend :'( - April 3rd 2014, 01:07 AM

I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how terrible that must be for you.

Be yourself, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  Send a message via Skype™ to stelles 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_Mess Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Lost another friend :'( - April 3rd 2014, 01:13 AM

It's pretty terrible, but I'm sure I'll get thru it..I just need y'all's help..so please pray.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: Lost another friend :'( - April 3rd 2014, 06:00 AM

I'm really sorry to hear about this. It must be hard for his family and you right now. Especially since you just lost your friend not too long ago. I'll be praying for you and Peter's family. Remember that you can message me anytime and I'll definitely listen.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_Mess Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Lost another friend :'( - April 3rd 2014, 08:55 AM

Thank you Serena, that means alot <3

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Lost another friend :'( - April 5th 2014, 05:37 AM

Hi there, Beth.

I'm so sorry to hear about the recent situations you've had to deal with. I've been in similar circumstances, so I know the utter emptiness, sadness, and the river of other emotions that you're currently feeling. I do want you to be aware that none of this is your fault. Continue to remind yourself of that fact, because it's 100% true.

I will, however, keep all those effected by these horrible tragedies in my thoughts. Stay strong, my friend.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: Lost another friend :'( - April 5th 2014, 08:37 AM

Hi Beth,

I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your friend. Unfortunately, many of us, including myself have lost very close friends to suicide, and it's incredibly difficult to deal with. I would like to just say, that in no way are you at fault and in no way should you feel guilty. It must really be taking a lot out of you and I wish there was a way of making that feeling go away. but this is all part of the mouring. Let it all out.

It's still not your fault. You did what you could. The decision was his and you did not make it for him. Maybe you wish you had been there to stop him, but please don't blame yourself.

All you can do now is cherish his memory and carry all that is good and beautiful about him wherever you go, in your heart. I'll pray for Peter, and his family and friends so they may stay strong and come out of this stronger.

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
dragonblood Offline
hello there
Average Joe

Name: Call me Daff

Re: Lost another friend :'( - April 5th 2014, 11:22 AM

It's really sad to hear that you've lost someone to suicide, but you shouldn't feel guilty, it's not your fault - in the end it was their decision.
I hope you'r holding out ok

~the dragon one

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_Mess Offline
Regular TeenHelper

April 7th 2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Angel View Post
Hi Beth,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Angel View Post

I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your friend. Unfortunately, many of us, including myself have lost very close friends to suicide, and it's incredibly difficult to deal with. I would like to just say, that in no way are you at fault and in no way should you feel guilty. It must really be taking a lot out of you and I wish there was a way of making that feeling go away. but this is all part of the mouring. Let it all out.

It's still not your fault. You did what you could. The decision was his and you did not make it for him. Maybe you wish you had been there to stop him, but please don't blame yourself.

All you can do now is cherish his memory and carry all that is good and beautiful about him wherever you go, in your heart. I'll pray for Peter, and his family and friends so they may stay strong and come out of this stronger.
Thank you, that made me feel a lil bit better ...and thank you for praying, it means alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonblood View Post
It's really sad to hear that you've lost someone to suicide, but you shouldn't feel guilty, it's not your fault - in the end it was their decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonblood View Post
I hope you'r holding out ok
I'm doing alright, been better..but I'm doing alright.

Last edited by Chris; April 9th 2014 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Combined posts.

Closed Thread