TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Live●Laugh●Love
Not a n00b

Location: In my own world in my mind, away from the pain and hurtful eyes

Unhappy He has a day....but I don't feel sad - May 3rd 2009, 08:57 AM

So I found out this morning my grandpa has been taken to hospital. He will die today or mabey tommorrow. He's been in pain a lot so it's not surprising, but I'm not allowed to see him. I strange I don't feel sad, just sort of empty. I think I miss my pets more. Is this normal? I think when he passes away I'll cry but only because I have to. If this was a pet I'd be in tears now. I want to be sad, I want to miss him. I just can't even if I try. Is there any way this feeling will stop? Has this happened to anyone else??

Reach for the moon,

If you fall you'll land among the stars

Last edited by XxBrokenSmilesxX; May 3rd 2009 at 10:06 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
kimvia Offline
is asleep
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kim

Re: He has a day.... - May 5th 2009, 04:07 PM

you might just be kinda numb.... when my grandma died, i didn't feel anything until the funeral (at which point i sobbed and hiccuped like no other). I think about her a lot, even though she died 5 or 6 years ago.
nothing's wrong with you, hun.... your just in the first stage of grief, denial.

OR if thats not the case.... were you close to him? like did y'all ever have conversations or hang out or anything? if you weren't close to him, than it's normal for you not to be very upset.

*hug*

pm me any time, ok hun?

PM me any time, ok? I'm always here to help.

What's the second amendment for?
Just in case the government takes away the first.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: He has a day.... - May 5th 2009, 04:28 PM

Hey there. (:

First of all, I'm really sorry to hear about your grandpa. Family deaths are always so difficult, but you can get through this. Everything happens for a reason, and I'm sure part of you would prefer for you grandpa not to be in pain anymore, even if it means he has to leave you.The thing is, there's no right or wrong way to grieve. There are no set rules when it comes to dealing with a death. Everybody deals with death in their own way, and whatever way you chose to grieve, is the right way.

My Grandfather, who was like a father to me, died from cancer when I was 12 years old. Everybody around me was devastated and crying and I just didn't feel anything. I felt like nothing had happened, so you can see you're not the only person who experiences this. But come the day of the funeral, it just hit me and I bawled my eyes out. Whatever happens for you, is normal for you.

Death always takes a while to sink in. It may be in a few days, a few weeks, a few months. Everybody is different. Don't rush any feelings and don't feel like there is something wrong with you. Deal with it in your way, and whatever way that is, is perfectly okay. PM me if you ever need to talk. My thoughts are with your family. Take care of yourself.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: He has a day.... - May 5th 2009, 08:16 PM

Hey,

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. The loss of a loved one is never easy, and we all react in very different ways. You said you're not sure you can cry, but that you feel empty. I think that, maybe, this is just how you're coping with the pending loss of your grandpa.

There's no way to prepare for the loss of someone we love, whether it be a pet, family member, or friend. You may or may not cry when you lose your grandpa--remember that there is no right or wrong way to grieve.

Spending time with your family right now may be helpful to you. Hopefully it will help to be with others who understand what you're feeling and can support you, during this difficult time. Don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything.

Take care of yourself. We're always here for you.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

Closed Thread