TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
loveme Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brittany

i miss him - May 3rd 2009, 10:43 AM

My uncle passed away almost 2 months ago. And i miss him so bad... There are times that i even wrote letters to ALL my family and friends and told them i missed them and that i wanted to die.
i knew i wasnt going to kill myself, but sometimes i just wanted to go and die in my sleep..
i can still hear him telling me over and over like he used to..

YOU KNOW YOUR UNCLE CARLO LOVES YOU BABY..

and i know he did. he told me that EVERYTIME he seen me. And yeah it hurts. What i am asking is,

is there anyway i can get over the feelin that i dont want to wake up when i go to sleep? Because i want to see him again. Should i write letters, even tho he wont get them... ANYTHING?

Its all up to me now

(#2 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: i miss him - May 3rd 2009, 07:57 PM

Hey Brittany,

Dealing with the death of a family member is never easy. It is doubly hard if you try to cope with you're feeling on your own. I would suggest relying on the support of your family, friends, possibly a therapist or school counselor, community, or even a religious leader. Talk to someone about how you are feeling. I am sure there are people around you who want to help but if they don't know what is going on then there isn't much they can do. Writing letters to your uncle is a good idea. I sometimes write letters and tie them to balloons so they float up to the people I'm sending them to. Just the other day my friend suggested taking a box and placing things in it that remind you of your uncle, things you write for him, or anything you think he'd like (ie pictures of you two together, a favorite book, a memento from a special memory, etc.). Keep this box somewhere save and continue to add things and bring it out when you are really missing him. If you ever need someone to talk to I am here for you. I know what it's like to lose a family member. Take care and hang in there.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: i miss him - May 5th 2009, 09:08 PM

Hey there, Brittany.

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. When we lose someone we love, we're faced with a lot of difficult emotions. It sounds like you were very close with your uncle and that his loss has hit you pretty hard. Have you tried talking to your family about this? Having someone to lean on, during difficult times, is very important.

I do think it's okay for you to write him letters. Although he cannot read them, expressing yourself is always okay, and often very helpful. I think it'd be okay to talk to him, too. Even if he cannot hear you, it may comfort you. One day the feeling of never wanting to wake up will subside.

It's okay to need other people, right now and always. Lean on them, they want to be there for you, I'm sure. Take care of yourself and let me know if you need anything.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

Closed Thread