TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic mind...
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Pathetic person

Unhappy So it's been a while since my friend died... - October 30th 2014, 06:03 PM

It's been months to just get over the fact she died...
I'm creating this thread because I don't know how to get over her death.

I need help...
Every time I just get to think of her, I breakdown and just become so... miserable.
She's just a simple online friend, maybe not simple but someone I just help and be there everyday but I got selfish and she destroyed herself.
I promised her that I was gonna meet her shortly, I was gonna do that before I learned she died...

She doesn't deserved the suffering she goes through...
She doesn't deserve to die...

I could of saved her...

I can't do what other people do, "Oh she's just a friend via online, she doesn't matter...".
But she does matter, she's a damn human being and someone I could of saved...

It's hard enough living like this and trying to just... help anyone. I just hate who I am but that's just me. At least I'm not the kind to past a dying person on the street.

She said that I'm strong and... I just don't know how long I got until the fight is kicked out of me...

Sorry if I don't make sense with all this, my mind is swarming with bullshit atm...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: So it's been a while since my friend died... - October 30th 2014, 06:29 PM

Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry for your loss. I definitely know that online friends are more than just that. I have stronger bonds with my online friends than I do with people in my every day life personally. I am sure she was very important to you and I bet you touched her heart while she was still alive. She'll always have a special place in your heart though.

I don't think you're selfish at all. You said yourself that you tried to help her and you were there for her and that is all you could have done. She's right, you are really strong especially when you're going through all of this. Maybe you can write down some memories that you have with her, or look back at some of your old conversations to cheer yourself up. You can also write a letter to her so you can get a little bit of closure. Have you talked to someone about what you're going through? If not, perhaps you can talk to someone you trust or you can see a professional if one is available. If you don't want to talk to anyone in your personal life, here's a list of hotlines to refer to.

Take care and I'm here if you need anything.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: So it's been a while since my friend died... - October 30th 2014, 06:56 PM

Hey Thomas, I'm sorry for your loss, I know that death is hard. I can also tell that you feel guilty about what happened. I don't think that death is something we "get over" so much as we find our way through the pain and eventually hope it hurts less. I think she was right, you ARE strong, and you have it in you to get through this. The fact that she was an online friend doesn't diminish how much you cared about her or how important she was to you.

As far as the guilt goes, as painful as it is, we can't save another person. We can support them, help them, and guide them to help, but they have to save themselves. All we can do is the best we can and I believe you did that. You did everything you could do for her, even if it doesn't feel that way, and I don't think she would want you to beat yourself up for something you couldn't control. Be patient with yourself and allow yourself to feel the emotions. You are strong enough to get through this, but it's going to hurt.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Closed Thread