TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia♥ Offline
Fear of Dreams

Average Joe

Name: Christine

Unhappy Life after death? - January 10th 2015, 11:32 PM

I have been thinking about this question for a very long time sense putting down my dear dog.

Does anyone believe in life after death? for pets especially?

Its been getting to me really hard specially within the first couple of months. Its only been a couple, we put him down in august and it hurts still. I really don't know what to do, I feel like he is cold in the ground, and that he needs to be covered up more.

Is this stupid?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Life after death? - January 10th 2015, 11:42 PM

I don't think it's stupid at all. I've always had this same worry too really. In my religion, I was always taught that animals didn't go to heaven and that never settled right with me, or a few of my classmates that are Catholic too, as well. I believe that my animals are you know, better off. They're not in pain anymore. I believe there's life after death, like heaven.

It's normal to worry about them. They're apart of families just like humans. They were close to us. but, I don't believe that they feel that pain anymore.

I hope this helps!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Life after death? - January 13th 2015, 03:29 AM

It's not stupid at all. In fact, I know exactly how you feel.

We had to put down my dog, Bentley, over a year ago. It tore me apart; he was my very best friend, and even now I still cry and worry about him. I firmly believe that there is life after death, particularly for animals, too. I feel so strongly about this especially over my dog Bentley, because even now, over a year after losing him, I still see him there, in my dreams. He'll be sitting by my door, holding his ball in his mouth wanting to play; I buried him with that ball when he died because it was his most favorite of all his toys.

It makes me sad, but it makes me happy, too. I wake up and think that he's still playing with his favorite toy, and that he's not in pain anymore.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia♥ Offline
Fear of Dreams

Average Joe

Name: Christine

Re: Life after death? - January 14th 2015, 02:18 AM

I try to think of it that way, that there is, and that he is not in anymore pain and I just get super upset. Everyone is still telling me its stupid and to get over it.

I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly then all at once <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Life after death? - January 14th 2015, 05:16 PM

They can believe what they want to believe, but it's very wrong of them to put you down and tell you that your feelings/beliefs are stupid or wrong.

YOU believe in whatever YOU want to believe in, whatever you feel is right; that's YOUR business. If you believe in life after death for animals too, then that's your business and you have every right to hold that belief close to your heart. If you believe in something else, then what's wrong with that? Believe in what you want to believe in.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Life after death? - January 20th 2015, 10:11 PM

I believe in life after death, even for pets. It isn't stupid to be thinking like that. You have a right to believe what you want to believe.

Member Since 1/15/2012

Closed Thread