TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

that's just plain sad - April 11th 2015, 04:15 AM

There's this girl that I know from when I used to go to Girl Scouts for 2 years. We'll call her L. She is younger than I am, and I found out that she now goes to my sister's high school (same high school I went to as well but I graduated the year before she came in) and is in the music program in my sister's class.

About 2 months ago her brother went missing. Her brother is non-verbal with autism, 23 years old. We hear a lot about missing people with autism. I found out that his body was found dead today, after detectives were searching for him for 2 months. It's just really sad to me. There are these people who "hunt" for people with autism though I think in this case he died because no one found him in time and was without food or water. He also has diabetes so there's that. It's just sad to me, idk. I guess this is one of those "this is sad" posts. Not grieving per se, but I feel like this could have been prevented if people had each others' backs. Which you don't see in the city. Parents are overworked and stressed out, everyone is moody and don't want to be bothered and then something like this happens.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: that's just plain sad - April 11th 2015, 04:21 AM

That is really sad. I can't imagine what this girl and her family are going through. I'll keep her and her family in my thoughts.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: that's just plain sad - April 11th 2015, 05:30 AM

I'm also keeping her in my thoughts. I don't think anyone hurt him, but I don't get how no one can notice him if there were posters hanging up everywhere. This story makes me want to volunteer for struggling families just to make their day a little easier. Just to give them some support. Or to brighten their day. Because life is hard as it is.
There was a boy last year who was non verbal with autism age 14 and he was found dead in the water. That was more likely caused from violence as he was scared of water and wouldn't go near it. I don't get how some people go out and "hunt" children like that, let alone a person who is vulnerable

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: that's just plain sad - April 12th 2015, 07:27 AM

I can't imagine what the family is going through.
Thoughts and prays go out to the family.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: that's just plain sad - April 13th 2015, 12:39 AM

Hey there.

I agree that this is definitely upsetting. It baffles me how people can go out of their way to make other people miserable or even to physically hurt them. Stories like this really do make me sad. But there's a flip side - they inspire good people like you to want to do something to change it. I love the idea of volunteering, so maybe you could look into what's in your area and see how you can help out. Even if there isn't anything going on in your area you could always work on raising awareness, because this kind of thing is absolutely tragic and I think it's up to all of us to help stop it.

I'll be thinking of the family during this devastating time.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread