TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lOkita Offline
hes so ughh brah
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: jahmelle Or jamjelly

Angry this boy that i recently met - May 12th 2009, 02:04 AM

okay so i met this guy at my school lik a couple weeks ago and we just became lik instend friends..
then i find out that MAY 10,2009 he shoots himself only cause him and his parents got into a argument..and he just kills himself..im lik wth
he was the star on our wrestling team and the most popularist guy in our school..

i dont understand why he left us..
i mean it was 1 argument..
he left so many people with pain and ugh

i thought we was gonna be the best of friends but T_T

i just wanted to share that with yall
i miss him already

thats new boyz
We were given:Two hands to hold.To legs to walk.Two eyes to see.Two ears to listen.But why only one heart?Because the other was given to someone else.For us to find.

lOvebraceletxo
  Send a message via AIM to lOkita  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mercedes-Lynne

Re: this boy that i recently met - May 12th 2009, 02:25 AM

Im sorry that happened to you. Yea, mabye it was just one arguement. But mabye he had other things going on inside that he kept hidden inside and didnt talk to people. and again im sorry

~mercedesLynne

(#3 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: this boy that i recently met - May 12th 2009, 07:46 AM

Hey there, Jahmelle.

I’m very sorry to hear about your friend. Although it may seem strange that he killed himself after an argument with his parents, there were probably other things going on in his life that were hurting him. Try to understand that even if it cannot bring him back, he is at peace now. Although that may not make coping with his loss any easier, knowing that he is not hurting anymore may help, somewhat.

Don’t keep this all inside of you—talk to someone, like your school counselor, about how you’re feeling. Let me know if I can help in any way, Jahmelle. Take care.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: this boy that i recently met - May 14th 2009, 02:36 PM

hey hun, i'm so sorry for your loss. sometimes even though we may not understand why people do certain things, try not to let this lack of understanding get in the way of the way you remember him. cherish the good memories of the times you guys spent together. (: take care of yourself as well and don't hesitate to find someone to talk to to get you through this!

and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
loveme Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brittany

Re: this boy that i recently met - May 14th 2009, 03:21 PM

Some people get into rough patches and make the wrong mistake. Even if they think its for the best.
This guy may have had it going great in school but at home it could have been so bad that it wasnt even worth living.
But i wish he could have known that it wasnt the right thing to do.
I am really sorry for your loss and i wish the best for you and his family... and friends.

Its all up to me now

(#6 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: this boy that i recently met - May 15th 2009, 04:55 AM

*hug* I'm so sorry. Losing someone to suicide is really, really hard. Just remember that he's in a better place now, and I'm sure he'd want you to be happy, so try to keep your head up.

And also, don't think this was over just one argument. People can be really, really good actors sometimes. Just because there were no visible problems, doesn't mean they weren't there. He picked the only option he could see at the time to end the pain, I'm just so sorry that that option was suicide.

Feel free to PM me anytime you need anything.

~Cody

Normal User

(#7 (permalink)) Old
lOkita Offline
hes so ughh brah
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: jahmelle Or jamjelly

Re: this boy that i recently met - May 18th 2009, 10:04 PM

thank yall for all carin.
i feel better and i went to his funeral and all
but wish he coulda known how much people really loved him..

thats new boyz
We were given:Two hands to hold.To legs to walk.Two eyes to see.Two ears to listen.But why only one heart?Because the other was given to someone else.For us to find.

lOvebraceletxo
  Send a message via AIM to lOkita  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: this boy that i recently met - May 18th 2009, 10:21 PM

I think, when we lose people to suicide, we're often left wondering "what if they knew just how many people cared?" But I also think that they did know, most of the time. Sometimes life just gets to be too much, and people cannot find reasons to live--even when reasons are staring them in the face.

I'm glad that you're feeling better and were able to attend his funeral. I hope things are going alright for you. Let me know if you need anything.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#9 (permalink)) Old
missinyou Offline
Average Joe

Name: Stephanie

Re: this boy that i recently met - May 27th 2009, 10:31 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It may have just been one fight but maybe other things were going on that you didn't know about. You'll get through this you are strong and you will find the faith to get through. Praying for you.
  Send a message via MSN to missinyou  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: this boy that i recently met - May 28th 2009, 06:12 PM

Hey Jahmelle,

Dealing with any kind of death is hard. Dealing with losing someone you cared about to suicide is especially hard. Whatever you're feeling right now is okay. It is okay to be mad at him for what he did. It is okay to miss him and wish things were different. It is okay to cry. However, it isn't okay to blame yourself for what happened. After losing someone to suicide many people are left thinking 'I could have done more'. You can only help someone who wants your help. You can't expect yourself to be able to read minds or tell the future. I'm sure you did a lot for him in just being his friend. Caring about someone in and of itself means a lot. Blaming yourself and thinking about all of the woulda coulda shouldas isn't going to bring him back and it certainly isn't going to make you feel any better. I have found that one of the hardest parts about losing someone to suicide is accepting that they are gone. Accepting doesn't mean forgetting about them or leaving them behind. Accepting simply means realizing that no matter how angry, upset, depressed, or torn up you get about your loss it won't help make things okay. In my experience forgiveness is the only thing that has helped make things okay or better. If you can, you should try to forgive your friend, forgive his parents, and even forgive yourself. If you ever need someone to talk about I am here for you. I know what it is like to lose someone to suicide so I can sympathize with what you are feeling right now. Take care and hang in there. You can get through this.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Closed Thread