TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lovely2224 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

loss two brothers - October 3rd 2016, 04:13 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

In 2008 my first brother passed away in his sleep then 6 years later i got the news that my second brother passed away in his sleep. we were notified by the fire department Marshall. October 14th is when he passed. i miss them both so much. i could use someone to talk to

Last edited by lovely2224; October 3rd 2016 at 04:29 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: loss two brothers - October 4th 2016, 12:08 AM

Hey you can talk to me anytime you need to

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: loss two brothers - October 5th 2016, 09:34 PM

I am so sorry for your losses. It must have been really hard to lose one of your brothers, let alone both of them in a relatively short amount of years.

I know anniversaries of a death can be very difficult for the friends and family. Is there anything your brothers liked to do? Maybe they went to a certain place, or had a certain hobby. What if you did something they enjoyed to honor both of them around October 14th?

It might help to plan the day out so you stay busy, if you don't already have plans for that day. Maybe you can plan to spend that day with your friends and family so you don't feel alone. Or, you can take a little alone time, too. A little bit of time to yourself can help you but if you think it is making you worse, see if spending time with someone helps.

It's definitely okay to let yourself feel what you need to feel but I think keeping a little busy can help prevent for from getting really low.

Have you thought about writing letters to your brothers, or getting cards and writing in them to express how you're feeling? It might help to talk to them in that way as well.

Do try to remember to take care of yourself, too. Make sure you're getting plenty of food and water and sleep. Maybe you can go out of your way to do other things that lift your spirits.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
RiggedSystem Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Keaton Randolph

Re: loss two brothers - October 6th 2016, 03:11 PM

If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. I can relate, as I lost a little brother a few years ago. I know you've probably heard it a lot, but you'll get through it. It won't hurt any less in a few years, but it will get easier to cope with the hurt. Just make sure that you take time to greive, but not too much time. There's a fine line between greiving and isolating.

Official writer and creator of The Rigged System, a blog for helping teens with mental health issues. Come check it out at:
http://riggedsystem.weebly.com/

(#5 (permalink)) Old
milkyway22222 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: shay

Re: loss two brothers - October 6th 2016, 05:21 PM

Thank you guys. i had to make a new profile because my other account wont let me in.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: loss two brothers - October 6th 2016, 08:06 PM

Hey.

I can not begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now. I am so sorry you have gone through this but its so good to see you're still here fighting despite feeling so sad and that you're even reaching out for some help.

Losing someone close to us is very hard and the grieving process is different for everyone do never compare yourself to anyone else. Where some people may feel bad, some may feel guilty, angry and so on and you might go through phases of feeling several things and even things like nightmares and being tired all the time and not wanting to eat and so on. This is all normal. Just keep going and do your best to to do things like getting good sleep and eating properly because that will make you emotionally stronger at the same time.

And talk to people about it. Whether that is us, family, friends, teachers, doctors, counselors, whoever, as long as you feel comfortable with them and feel you can open up. I think right now it's also a good time to build a good solid support network of people and for you to talk to help you deal with the emotions you are feeling. You could even start a blog on here to talk through it or keep journal to express your emotions and thoughts and so on.

When I lost my best friend, I bought a pretty box so I could write letters and to her and put them away safely. I also having things like her DVD of Aladdin (her fave film) in there, things she's made, a photo of her and a flower from the tree we planted for her etc. It really helps me so maybe giving something like this a go might be helpful but just take it all at your own pace, okay?

And remember we're here for you so never be alone.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#7 (permalink)) Old
bella14donna Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: loss two brothers - October 16th 2016, 08:29 AM

I am so sorry for your losses.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: loss two brothers - October 16th 2016, 09:02 AM

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear of your losses.

If you ever need anything, I'm here for you.

Closed Thread