TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lost-hope Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: amy

little Hope is not with us anymore <3 - May 20th 2009, 11:18 AM

ok i know i can’t change what has happened but i just need to get it out somehow so here goes:
ok well as most of you know last year i gave birth to my two darling twins Remmy and Hope well Hope is called Hope because when she was born she was soo ill you will not believe it, and for the 1st 2 months of her life she was kept in hospital but every night before we and my bf went home without fail we read her the story "Never give up Hope" so when she came out of hospital we gave her the name Hope (btw my name on here has nothing to do with it-it is just a coincidence) and well Hope was perfectly well and healthy until last night when she was rushed into hospital and passed away . i just can’t get over the fact she is not with me anymore and to top it all off
i am only 15
iam pregnant (again)
my bf has started hitting me recently
and he is blaming me and saying it is my fault about Hope!
i have no clue how iam gunna explain this all to Remmy
so if anyone please could give any suggestions about how to deal with my situation at the moment is will be gratefully excepted.
amy <3

Last edited by lost-hope; May 20th 2009 at 11:28 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ForgetMeNot9 Offline
Muggle
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: little Hope is not with us anymore <3 - May 20th 2009, 03:49 PM

Hey Amy,

We talked in chat but I'm really sorry to hear about your little girl<3. Stay strong, stay brave and know that we're all here for you. Feel free to PM me anytime.

-Meg.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: little Hope is not with us anymore <3 - May 20th 2009, 11:42 PM

Hey there Amy.

I cannot express how incredibly sorry I am to hear about your loss. Losing a child is something I could never comprehend and franky, hope I never have to.

There is not much I can say, other then stay strong for your other child, they will need you now more then ever. Please dont hesitate to PM me if you ever feel you need to talk. Hang in there Amy.

-Dylan

(#4 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: little Hope is not with us anymore <3 - May 22nd 2009, 07:48 PM

Hey Amy,

Losing a child is unbearably hard. Even though Hope's life was short I am sure you made it a very happy one. I think it is better to measure a life in how much love one person receives rather than how many years they've lived. What happened to Hope was not your fault. I am sure you did everything you could for her. No one is immune to death and this was out of your control. I can understand that your boyfriend is going through a hard time right now but that does not give him the excuse to abuse you. You don't need a person like that in your life. Think about your safety and Remmy's safety. You deserve to be treated better than that. Please get yourself out of this dangerous situation not only for your sake but for the sake of your child as well. Talking about death with a child is difficult. It is hard to know when the right time to bring it up is or what you should even say. I would recommend checking out a book from the library about how to explain death to children. If you ever need someone to talk to I am here for you. Take care and stay strong.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: little Hope is not with us anymore <3 - May 22nd 2009, 08:29 PM

Hey Amy. I'm so very sorry that you're going through all this. Please don't blame yourself for Hope's death. Your boyfriend is wrong; it's not your fault at all. You don't deserve him to treat you that way. You need to look after yourself and Remmy, and if your boyfriend is making things worse I'd recommend avoiding him for a bit. If he's going to hurt you, guilt you, make life hard for you - it's not worth it. Stay strong for your own sake as well as Remmy's and don't let your boyfriend tell you horrible things that aren't true.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
lost-hope Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: amy

Re: little Hope is not with us anymore <3 - May 23rd 2009, 06:54 PM

omg thanx a load guys
i am not going out with him anymore
prom was last night and because of this i did not have a date,
until 4 hours until it was ment to start when my bezzie came
round with some flowers and asked me to go with him. my ex
saw us slow dancing so came over and hit me! so i ran out
but i kept on getting loads of texts and stuff to go back in so
i did. But anyway me and my (now) bf went ALL the way that
night and he has said to me i wants to help me bring up Remmy
as if she was his own and do the same with the new baby which
btw is a girl! and she is gunna be called True Claire Adderley
so thanx guys i think iam gunna be good but could have never
done it without yu!

I dont listen to adults, i feel like no one understands me, i talk on the phone and go online instead of doing my homework and theres that one special guy i would love to be with so yeh basically iam ateenager

Closed Thread