TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
itzz.casper Offline
~Unicorns~
Average Joe

Name: Casper

I texted my dead brother, he responed back - April 23rd 2017, 05:37 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

January 6, 2017 my brother died due to murder. April 22,he would be 16.

I dont know why but I just did I texted him saying happy birthday. And I got a text back saying thank you lil sis, I miss you and I will see you soon.

I'm honestly losin it. No one has his phone its locked up in my dresser. And no one has the key.

Is texting him my only way to communicate with him?. Does he know when I will die cause he did say I will see you soon? Is he alive in some type of way. I dont know but its scaring me to be honest. I can't tell my mom or my therapist they would think Im out of mind than I'm already am. What does this all mean?

I'm not looking for sympathy, just understanding- Jacoby Shaddix <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I texted my dead brother, he responed back - April 23rd 2017, 06:32 PM

Hi Casper!

First off... I'm very sorry to hear that your brother was murdered. What an absolutely horrible and awful thing to happen. You are no doubt heartbroken and miss him more than words can say.

I think it's a very natural and normal thing for you to have texted 'happy birthday' to your brother on his birthday. I think many of us would have done the same thing. [I know I would have] But what makes this so strange is that you got a response to that text.

Let me tell you something. Unexplainable things happen all the time. Things that don't seem to make any sense at all. But just because we can't explain how something happened - does that mean that it didn't happen? No! It just means that we can't make sense of it. It's not 'logical' that it would have really been your brother who responded to your text. But who knows. But whether or not it was your brother - I don't think it's anything to be frightened by. And it might never happen again. In fact - it probably won't. As for saying, "I will see you soon!", don't read anything into that. 'Soon' doesn't have to mean any day now. If anything at all... be comforted by the message. Let it be a reminder to you that your brother loved you.

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

Re: I texted my dead brother, he responed back - April 24th 2017, 02:29 PM

I've seen this shit happen on r/NoSleep. If he replies more, proceed with caution. This is very unusual and, understandably, hard for you

Also, I'm sorry for your loss and my late condolences to your and your family

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I texted my dead brother, he responed back - April 24th 2017, 03:34 PM

We can't tell you what this means because everyone believes in different things. If you believe in spirits, however, this could be your brother's way of communicating with you. Texting could be a way to communicate with him, but it may not be your only way. For instance, you can write letters to him (even though you can't send them) and you can talk to him as though he is with you, whether you speak in your head or out loud.

I don't know if he knows when you will die, but like someone said, seeing you "soon" doesn't necessarily have to mean very soon. It could mean several decades from now, for all we know. If you want, you can ask your brother what he means by soon if you think you'd find comfort in doing that.

Whether or not he's alive in some kind of way is something you can decide for yourself. Maybe you can take some time to think about what you believe. You can do some research as well, some of this stuff can be interesting to learn about.

Whatever you decide to do, take care of yourself.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: I texted my dead brother, he responed back - April 24th 2017, 04:31 PM

Sorry to hear about your brother. I can't imagine how confusing it must've been for you to get a text from him and not know what's going on.

I agree with everything said above, but I just wanted to add that if you believe in the spiritual side of things that 'soon' may have a different meaning that what you think. My mum believes that when a loved one passes on, to them, time is differently. A few decades on Earth could pass really quickly in Heaven or a spiritual world. That's what my mum believes anyway, and it's kind of comforting in a way.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread