TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

At a total loss - June 11th 2009, 03:55 PM

So I woke up today extremely happy because hey I slept in until 11. Then I go into the kitchen to get a drink and I saw that my phone was flashing, saying that I had a text. I had left it in the kitchen over night.
So I read it and it was my friend Andrew, he had asked me if I had heard the terrible news. ( I was thinking maybe he wasn't going to be able to go to paris again, or that one of my other friends broke something. Then I started thinking more of the worse like did his dad or mom or sister die or did one of our friends day, I told my self to get a hold of it it. That nothing serious happened. I was just getting worked up.)
But anyways, I told him no. Then he tells me that Mr.Booker died. One of my teachers that I have known and loved since my freshmen year of high school. I thought he was playing a sick joke. So I texted my yearbook teacher and its true.

Im just at a complete loss, I went from being happy to so sad in just five minutes. How is that possible.
He was one of the best teachers Ive ever had. We always joked around. He said once if he ever got on deal or no deal as soon as the offer was six figures hed bank and leave us all go to some remote island and sip pina coldas or something. Then one day something happened and we were joking and he told me I threw him not in front of the bus but under it. Thats was an on going joke between us since freshman year. Then this year he was there for me through my breakup with my ex boyfriend. He was there when I needed to just cry before I made it to my next class. When I found out that he was getting transfered, I was the first person to go straight to him and talk to him about it. I was the first person to tell him Id miss him so much, I was the first person to write him a letter telling him what an amazing teacher he was.

Just I don't know what to think, I don't know what to say and Im probably going to spend the rest of the day in bed. I mean I haven't lost anybody in a while. The last person that I knew that died was a friend freshmen year.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: At a total loss - June 20th 2009, 06:33 PM

Hey, Ashley.

I'm so sorry your thread hasn't gotten any replies until now. It seems to have gotten lost. Next time this happens, give me a shout through PM, yeah? I'll make sure you get at least one reply.

That said, wow... I'm really sorry to hear about Mr. Booker. Teachers can really touch our lives and it can be so, so hard to lose them. Teachers often become more than just educators, to us; they are friends, family, mentors, and more. It sounds like Mr. Booker was very important to you and to others, and that he really will be missed.

Lean on your friends and family during rough times like these; their support can be very helpful to you. And.. just try to remember Mr. Booker in a way he would want to be remembered.

I wish I had more to say to you, Ashley. The best thing I can offer, I think, is to be here if you need to talk. I hope you know that I'm just a quick PM away and that I'm always willing to talk, even for just a chat. Try to take good care of yourself.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

Closed Thread