TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadWorld Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eva

It's Killing Me; Not Knowing - June 25th 2009, 04:46 AM

About two weeks ago I found out my uncle died. It was said that it was a natural death, but also that it could have been an insulin overdose. He was 47 years old, and it was not his time to die. He had had a rough life, adopted by my grandparents at 5, ran away from home at 16, various addictions, lived on the streets for a while.

They did not do an autopsy to find out the actual cause of death. I've told my mom about my suspicions that he might of committed suicide, but she just brushed it off saying "Fred was a happy guy, he would never do that."

As a person struggling with depression, I know what it's like to hide what you are feeling from everyone around you, and I'm afraid this might have been what my uncle was doing. I wish I could know how he died, so I would at least have some type of closure.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: It's Killing Me; Not Knowing - June 25th 2009, 06:19 AM

Hi Eva. I'm very sorry you lost your uncle.
I can understand where you are coming from, but on the other hand, perhaps it's better simply not to know the exact cause of his death. If you were to find out that he committed suicide, that could easily make you feel even worse, knowing that he was unhappy before he died. I think that it's best to remember the time that your uncle was alive, not the time that he died. The moments you spent with him are what are most important, as those moments will be in your memory forever. However he died, he's in a place where he can be healthier and happier now, I'm sure. It's never easy when someone close to you dies, but after awhile it will become easier to deal with. Your uncle would want you to remember the good times you had with him, rather than worry about the way he died. Like I said, the most important thing to remind is not his death, but his life. * Lots of hugs * I hope that you're able to feel better soon

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread