TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Thumbs up Gone But Never Forgotten (My experiance) And Coping - June 27th 2009, 12:53 AM

When I was 13 (I was the youngest in my grade) I had made a good friend in the grade above me named Wesley, he was kind of like a big brother at school who looked out for me. He loved my art and was always there in the hallway with a smile, nod, wave or hello for me whenever classes changed. He was all in all a good guy.

When I was 14 we went on a school trip out of town to Vancouver for 5 days, it was on the first night that we got a phone call from the school saying that Wesley had died the night before. He had been driving the connector between Kelowna and Vancouver, he wasn't paying attention to the road and was trying to grab a cd when his car corrined off the embankment. He ended up being ejected from the car and had fallen down the cliff with the car landing on top of him killing him. Police say if he had been wearing his seatbelt his body would have remained in the car and there could have been a possibility of him living.

That night I phoned my mom in tears, I didn't want to be on this trip anymore, I wanted to go home. She told me that I had to tough it out with everyone else who was grieving because there was no way she could come out and get me. Friends of Wesley came together that night in the courtyard of the church we were billetting at and had a vigil that we would never drive or allow people in our cars without their seatbelts. I felt even worse because his funeral was held at noon of the day we were returning back, we didn't get in until three.

Wesley was gone and I hadn't said goodbye but his memory sparked inside of me remembering that I swore that when I got my lisence that I would never drive anyone unless they had their seatbelt on. Over years I've preached about seatbelts and in doing so Wesley lives on in my life leaving his fatality fresh in my mind so I'll keep the ones that I love safe.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  Send a message via MSN to Nicolette Send a message via Yahoo to Nicolette  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I dare you.
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

Re: Gone But Never Forgotten (My experiance) And Coping - June 27th 2009, 02:27 AM

I find your experience very uplifting. My own grieving has been quite a lifechanging ordeal for me, but your strength is inspiring.

I'm glad you were able to tough it out and tell your story. Keep preaching the safetybelt lecture; it truly saves lives.

- Jessica.

;Jessica.
Baby, there's no gettin' over you.

Take my heart as you head for the door;
I won't be needing it anymore.

Softball:
Because when it comes to balls, bigger is better.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: Gone But Never Forgotten (My experiance) And Coping - June 27th 2009, 02:42 AM

I'm sorry that you lost a dear friend.

Losing someone close is life changing, you can go down two paths when dealing with grief.

You choose the right one, and I'm glad you are turning this into a positive experience.

I hope all is well in the future of you. PM me anytime if you want to talk.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Gone But Never Forgotten (My experiance) And Coping - June 27th 2009, 10:28 PM

You've definitely got the right attitude, and I think that your strength is extremely inspiring. It's hard to have strength after someone close to you dies, and I really admire that you were able to get through this and help other people in return, because of what you learned due to your friend's death.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread