TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
blondiegirl Offline
Blondie Girl
Not a n00b

Name: Blondie Girl

Unhappy I dont know why its really getting to me so much - July 8th 2009, 10:41 PM

Okay this is going to seem probabaly a little ridiculous but i just cannot get over Michael jacksons death. Its really upsetting me and i dont really know why because i didnt know him or anything but its making me think about death and because my nan has cancer and shes getting old its making me think about whats going to happen when shes gone. If im like this upset over a popstar i loved but never met what am i going to be like when she is gone

I just feel like i cant even escape, people are always talking about him, making horrible jokes, hes always on the TV and newspapers and i cant stop getting upset about his death. I dont get it

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Re: I dont know why its really getting to me so much - July 9th 2009, 12:52 AM

Its one of those things when death smacks you in the face and takes someone you think will be around forever you realize that you're not immortal and the concept of EVERYONE dies sometime comes into play.

Death can be a scary thing and when its real and take someone like that it can really affect you.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  Send a message via MSN to Nicolette Send a message via Yahoo to Nicolette  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: I dont know why its really getting to me so much - July 10th 2009, 05:51 PM

Heya,

Nicolette has a point--the death of a public figure can be a major "wake up call" to people. Understanding that someone so well know, even someone with fame and glory, is not invincible.. that can be hard. Also, considering most of our ages here on TeenHelp, Michael Jackson is one of those people who has simply ALWAYS been there. Realizing that he will not be there is strange.

You also may be feeling sadness because you understand what his loved ones are going through. He did have three small children and people who loved him. I don't think it's ridiculous at all that you are finding this hard to make peace with.

Time helps to heal wounds, though. I'm sure things will begin to make more sense in time.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Re: I dont know why its really getting to me so much - July 11th 2009, 09:19 PM

Your not the only one finding it difficult to deal with too, I am also I wasn't his biggest fan but I loved his music and all the sick jokes are really upsetting, It's just because it's so public and some people are being so cruel and disrespectful, it's hard to realise hes gone.
It makes it even more upsetting that he's left three children behind.

If you ever need to talk PM me anymore.

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  Send a message via MSN to AshtrayHeart  
Closed Thread