TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Robin Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Death of cat - July 9th 2009, 12:39 PM

My cat died 2 days ago, he had a heart attack and i found him on the back doorstep foaming at the mouth, this i found out was normal for a cat when they die, my cat was special he was my friend through times when i had no friends. He was with me and my mum through my mums divorce which went for 2 years, then just as things start picking up and everything was getting easier, he was taken from us, ive cried constantly for the past 2 days, this is the first day i havent, i find my room the safe room for it all as he never came into my room but as soon as i go downstairs i see his missing bowl and all of his toys gone.

Me and m mum are going to get a new kitten in a month so that over the summer we can spend as much time as possible with it, everyday we realise how much a cat ment to us, my worry is we wont like him as much because i loved my cats personality, he followed me and m mum around constantly and in the last year of his life he seemed to stick to us and was so loeveable.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SleeplessSkye Offline
Average Joe

Name: Skye

Re: Death of cat - July 9th 2009, 01:15 PM

Hey, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Grieving is a good thing though. You obviously loved the cat very much but you've just got to know that he's in a better place now and you will see him again one day. As for the new cat, give him/her a chance! You may end up loving the new cat as much as you loved the other one.
Feel free to PM me anytime =]

There's n o t h i n g
that can't be done
when we raise our
voice as o n e . <3
-Michael Jackson-

Your h e a r t is a river <3
that flows from your chest
t h r o u g h e v e r y o r g a n
Your brain is the dam
And i am the fish

who can't reach the core.
Lightness- Death Cab For Cutie

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: Death of cat - July 9th 2009, 05:06 PM

Hey, I know how you feel. I lost the cat I had grown up with 2 years ago and it was such a shock, actually worse than any human death I've experienced. We tried to give up having cats after that - it lasted 2 months It's true that a cat makes a home, and things move on when the kitten comes in. It'll fill up the space left by your other cat.
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Death of cat - July 9th 2009, 07:20 PM

Hi there :] I'm sorry about losing your cat recently, it's always really hard to lose a pet, I know what a hole it leaves in your life for awhile. But I'd give the new cat a try. Sure, it's not the same cat, but it will have a brand new personality of it's own, one that you may even love equally. All pets have awesome personalities, and are hard not to love. Plus this new cat may make it easier to fill the hole that you're other cat left behind, right?

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Robin Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Re: Death of cat - July 9th 2009, 09:58 PM

Actually i have found it weird, today i have really warmed to the idea of a kitten and me and my mum are constantly talking about it, i feel bad though i feel like i should be more upset like i was the past 2 days, now im starting to think about how i loved my old cat, and how i would love to bring up a kitten with my 3 month summer, i could spend so much time with it, i am very upset my old cat is dead, because i love him so much, but i would love to have a playful kitten

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: K

Re: Death of cat - July 12th 2009, 06:04 AM

the same thing happened to one of my cats a few months ago..she was running around and acting like her usual self then she suddenly got sick and started throwing up. we rushed her to the vet but it was too late, she was already gone. it was horrible and i was tore up about it for days but eventually the pain faded and i moved on. i still really miss her but i'm glad she's in a better place now. me and my dad wanted to bring in a new kitten but my mom for some reason won't allow it. anyway, i hope you enjoy your new kitten!

~K~

Closed Thread