TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

I don't know what to do... - January 17th 2009, 11:29 PM

My friend died in a car crash.. a few days ago. My friend is suicidal. My life is crumbling. I miss him. What do I do. How do I help my friend. How do I stay sane. Who do I talk to? He was my rock.. we talked a lot.. I feel like killing myself might be the answer.. maybe at least I'd see him, talk to him again.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: I don't know what to do... - January 17th 2009, 11:32 PM

Come on Amy, you're too strong for that,
i know tragedy like this may make things seem horrible but everything in life is to teach some lesson,
cherish the people you have and you'll get through this,
i know it's horrible, and i'm so sorry to hear this, but you're too good of a person for the world to lose,
just remember that by being there for your friend you're doing the greatest service anyone can imagine, you're changing their lives just by letting them know that you're there,
just imagine how proud God must be of you to be going through all this and still be worrying about your friend,
you can get through this, i know you can

"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."
-Grace Hansen

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: I don't know what to do... - January 18th 2009, 11:03 AM

Hey Amy,
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling at the moment. Things must be so tough for you right now but please don't give up. You never know what is going to happen if you kill yourself. You might not be able to talk to him or see him. Killing yourself might not take away all your pain. The thing is you never know what is going to happen and once it is done you can't turn back. But with life you can change things and make your life the way you want it to be. Think about what your friend would want for you. He wouldn't want you to give up. I understand it can be so difficult when someone dies, but it will get easier in time. It might take a while but your life is worth it. I am here anytime if you ever need anything Amy so don't hesitate to PM me. Stay strong:-)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: I don't know what to do... - January 18th 2009, 11:11 AM

Hey Amy. I'm very sorry about your loss. It's never something easy to deal with. That much is true. I know you're probably feeling a million different things right now, but you need to look above the suicidal though. Nothing says that you won't ever talk to him again. Maybe, he's in a better place. I'm sure he cared a lot about you and he wouldn't want you to follow him. He'd want you to celebrate the fact that he was able to live some type of life for the period of time he was alive. He'd want you to be happy eventually and stand back up after this fall. No one knows if death is really the end. It sounds to me like you and your other friend might need each other right now. Don't feel obligated to take on more then you can handle right now, but, maybe if you two lean on each other right now, you can help each other stand up again. Remember, you're never alone in any of this ok? I think it's best to talk about these things when you can or need to because letting it build up will only make the feelings worse. So, remember we're here to help and listen. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me or something. I'm always glad to help. :]. You take care.

~Stay strong and have faith~

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I don't know what to do... - January 19th 2009, 02:30 AM

hey amy. i understand that it seems like everything is going downhill at the moment.. and it hits HARD.

however, there's a few things you have to remember...

firstly, those who care for us and love us (e.g friends , family, relative) NEVER truly leave us , really. in actuality, they're always watching from somewhere high above.. and yeah in a better place. hence, your friend is probably watching from VERY high up above, blessing your every move.

Besides that, you should spend your time doing more positive things for now (sports hangouts movies are good ) to help get your mind off this.. and to bring back the glow that needs to be there. and always remember YOU GOT OUR SUPPORT

no matter what, you're stronger than this and you can get through this. always remember that you've us to back you up.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: I don't know what to do... - January 21st 2009, 08:02 AM

Hey there, Amy.

I hope things have started looking up for you in the past few days. I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your friend. It must be so hard on you, right now. Even though it may hurt, even if you cannot imagine it ever feeling better, know that he wouldn't want you to hurt yourself, to see him.

If you think it may help, try writing to him or talking to him. You can keep a journal of your memories with him, or paint or draw. If you're in school, you could see a school counselor. Or you could talk to your favorite teacher or a trusted friend. Try not to hold your feelings in. Reach out to others when you need.

I hope things look up for you, soon.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

Closed Thread