TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KittyCat2010 Offline
Live,Love,Laugh
Not a n00b

Name: Ashley

dog is dying - July 23rd 2009, 06:40 PM

my dog penny is dying, my parents think she'll make it maybe 3-4 more months
i dont want to lose my baby i've had penny since i was 5 she's been with me through everything, i love her so much, shes got arthritis and we keep her pain away with meds that are damaging her liver,
i pray that if penny does pass on within the next few months its painlessly and in her sleep, i cant help but cry while i type this,
i need advice i cant stand the thought of losing another pet(i lost my hamster about 3 years ago), it hurts so much knowing that my dog is dying

PHILIPPIANS 2:15
Then you will be innocent and without any wrong. You will be Gods children without fault. But you are living with crooked and mean people all around you, among whom you shine like stars in the dark world.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mikey09 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: dog is dying - July 23rd 2009, 07:27 PM

when I was a kid, my dog got a cancerous tumor in his mouth, I hand fed him yogart for the last two days, but my dad told me something that I have never forgot, dogs only feel 3 things, happiness, fear, and pain. He left it up to me to decide when my dog was no longer happy, and when the fear and/or pain was in control.
I have always lived with the knowlege that I was able to make him as comfortable as possible, for as long as possible, and feel that I made the correct choice when I had to. I hope you can say the same thing someday. Stay strong for your dog. She needs you more now then ever x <3 Hope your ok

Send a message via MSN to Mikey09  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
InTheFlood Offline
Walking In The Sun...
I've been here a while

Name: Amelia

Re: dog is dying - July 23rd 2009, 08:13 PM

I can't imagine how awful that feels. I can't bare the thought of one of my two dying. They just have some comfort that humans can't give.
Stay strong and enjoy your time together now.
Then when she does go you'll have some form of closure
PM if you ever need to talk

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║▌║
ORIGINAL MCFLY FAN ®

"Another year over, and we're still together.
It's not always easy, but McFly's here forever
I know you believe me, when you look into my eyes
'Cause McFly never dies, because The Heart Never Lies!"

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jayde Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jay

Re: dog is dying - July 24th 2009, 04:02 AM

Im sorry to hear about your dog. It will be ok and Mike is right. Dogs only feel Happiness, Fear and Pain. Keep your head high, think positive and your dog will not feel pain anymore once she passes on. Keep your head up, everything will be ok in the end. Pm me if you need to talk (:

(#5 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: dog is dying - July 24th 2009, 07:46 PM

Hey there, Ashley.

I'm really sorry to hear about Penny. =( It's clear to me how much she means to you and that she is a very special part of your life. Pets become members of our families, especially after having been around for so long, and it can be really hard to say goodbye to them.

When I was about your age my cat had arthritis and was in a lot of pain. We'd had her since I was an infant and letting go of her was very hard for all of my family. We worked through it together, though, and hopefully your family can be here for you during this difficult time.

There's not much you can do, as hard as that may be to accept. Try to enjoy your time with Penny and make her last few months happy. Take care of yourself and Penny. Let me know if you need anything.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: dog is dying - July 25th 2009, 12:22 AM

Hey Ashley.

Losing a pet, especially one that you have had almost your entire life, is certainly hard. You need to keep in mind, that once she passes, she won't be in pain, and she will always have a special place in your heart. Keep praying, and maybe, your dog can hold on for a few extra months.

Spend as much time with her as you can, cherish every memory, and make sure to take lots of pictures to remember all the good times! Stay strong, you can get through this!

PM me if you need anything
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

Closed Thread