TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

worst week - August 12th 2009, 05:28 AM

My grandpa is in a coma. He isn't going to make it past the end of the week at the latest, he is in the last stages of liver and kidney failure. Then I get a phone call a few days ago, one of my friends was killed in a car accident the other night. His viewing(wake) was today, funeral tomorrow. He was my ex husbands best friend. He was 22, he left behind a 21 yr old widow and a 3 yr old son and 2 yr old son. They will never see their daddy again because they decided to go out riding around drunk.

DONT DRINK AND DRIVE! It affects more people than you could even imagine

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tegan Offline
Make a wish...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tegan

Re: worst week - August 12th 2009, 08:56 AM

Hey Amber,

I'm so sorry I can't imagine how hard it must be to recieve so much bad news in such a short space of time. I know this is a small comfort but when people die in comas apparently its like sleeping to them. I'm sure your Grandpa is dreaming about something he truly loved, and that he is very happy wherever he is.

Its horrible when you loose someone close to you, especially when they're so young and they have a family around them. I know it sounds obvious but try and support his widow and her children, but don't forget you need time to grieve yourself. Make sure you spend time looking after yourself too. For your safety and well-being is the most important.

We're all here for you Amber, PM me any time ♥

You are the one, the one who lies next to me,
Whispers "hello, I missed you quite terribly"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: worst week - August 14th 2009, 05:42 PM

papa died yesterday

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tegan Offline
Make a wish...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tegan

Re: worst week - August 14th 2009, 07:22 PM

I'm so sorry Amber, this really has been such a tough time for you.
It sucks that you've had so much put on your shoulders, you really don't deserve it.
Stay strong ♥

You are the one, the one who lies next to me,
Whispers "hello, I missed you quite terribly"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: worst week - August 14th 2009, 08:06 PM

Hey Amber<3

I can sympathize with what you're going through right now and I know grief is truly one of the hardest emotions to cope with. I don't know if you'll take any comfort from this fact but when I was personally in a coma I felt no pain whatsoever. I'm sure your grandpa passed comfortably and being the compassionate person I know you to be, I'm know he felt tremendously loved. In a time like this it is okay to be selfish. Do what is best for you right now. It might be a good idea to take time off or limit your responsibilities just so you don't have to deal with any added stress. After losing someone special I have always found comfort in talking through things with friends and family who were also close with the deceased. Everyone grieves differently and as long as you aren't risking your (or anyone else's) well being then it's perfectly fine. It is okay to let yourself mope, cry, or even just be angry at the world. My only cautionary advice is that you don't let these feelings consume you. Find a way to let some of these emotions out even if it is simply by talking with someone you trust. If you need me I'm here for you. I hope things turn around soon. Take care and hang in there. It isn't going to hurt this bad forever.

Lots of love<3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
cherryqueen1248 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Care

Re: worst week - August 26th 2009, 07:33 PM

i so sorry sweetie-- when it rains it poors, right? i'm sure you will be fine once this storm is over!

Closed Thread