TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hopefaithlove Offline
I've been here a while

I need to just stop counting. - September 4th 2009, 02:09 AM

As of yesterday, I have lost three friends or acquantances due to car accidents since December 22, 2008. I can't handle it anymore. People need to stop texting while driving and pay attention. Go the speed limit. BUCKLE UP.

Carolyn died in December due to sliding on an icy bridge and slamming into a tree. Cindy died in mid Augusta head on collision because a young teenager was texting while driving and on the wrong side of the road. Alex died yesterday when her friend lost control of the car, and flipped it. Alex wasn't buckled, so she flew out the windsheild. I just pray that they're in heaven watching over all of us while we are driving.

Thank God for the amazing people in my life who keep my head up.

There is always hope. PM me anytime.
SH Free since 10.20.08

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: I need to just stop counting. - September 4th 2009, 02:39 PM

Hey Kac,

I am so sorry to hear about this I can't even imagine how you must be feeling to have lost 3 friends . There are definitely some idiots on the road who don't know how to drive. I don't know how they manage to pass their test. I was reading something the other day and you are 4 times as likely to have a crash when texting whilst driving. I just don't know why people use their phone whilst driving since it could potentially kill someone. People should always wear seat belts. Wearing a seatbelt when in an accident can make the difference between surviving and dying.

It is so sad when people die in car crashes. They will be watching over you and be proud of you for fighting through.

If you want to talk or anything then I am always happy to listen Look after yourself and stay strong.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
pitawindstar Offline
Crazy Guns n' Roses Fan
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amber

Re: I need to just stop counting. - September 9th 2009, 10:10 PM

Kac,

I don't know what I would do if I lost three friends. I am so sorry to hear that it's happened to you. Thankfully I've never had anybody I know personally die in a car crash but I know that it is devastating and that nobody should have to deal with it.

It's dumb how people text while driving despite hearing stories of crashes and deaths caused by it. People think, "Oh, I'll be extra careful. It won't happen to me." But it CAN happen. And it does, unfortunately. People just need to put the phones away and pay attention. I would feel absolutely terrible if somebody died in a crash that was my fault. There was recently an accident in my area where 3 teen boys and a teen girl died in a car-train collision. Why? They were trying to "beat the train". It's really sad that they died when they had their whole lives ahead of them, and for such a stupid reason like wanting to beat a train.

I'm always here if you need anyone to talk to. Stay strong and everything will be okay, I promise.
  Send a message via AIM to pitawindstar  
Closed Thread