TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

she's dying. - December 6th 2009, 03:09 AM

Why there has been so many deaths in my family, is unbelievable.
As you may or may not know my father died on March 11, 2008.
A drunk driver hit us. It put me into a coma and killed my dad
This was a huge loss for me, it's one of the most hardest things i have ever had to go through. Still to this day i break down and cry, probably more then i should be or more then normal. He was just my best friend. So it's so hard without him here. Especially as the holidays approach. It gets hard.

On July 31 2008 my grandfather died. We were so close, And We lived in his house most of my life. I was there when he died.

Well we just found out today that my aunt may not have much longer to live.
She had breast cancer, now its really bad. Its in her lungs and he brain now.
Her daughter (my cousin) just passed away in Feb. from overdosing accidentally. Im still in shock. She can't die. she has custody of my cousins daughter. ):

I don't mean to go on and on about this but i really dunno what to do.
Everyone says its okay, time will make it better. but honestly.. it really doesnt.

Alot of people don't understand... i feel this emptiness from my dad being gone, and now this. Everything is happening so fast. I just wanna die.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
jaimelu Offline
Not a n00b

Re: she's dying. - December 6th 2009, 04:59 AM

dotn die, ppl are always always there for yoo. never let yourself go. they need yoo, even if yoo may not realise it. think about them, would yoo add to this all with your death too? that seems alil harsh. i am so so so sorry about your daddy and aunt and grandaddy-my great grandaddy and great aunt barbara died recently too. my great grandaddy from heart failures and my great autn barbara from cancer-she smoked too much, even when she got the cancer. please dont let youself go. we all need yoo. too many kids and teens like us grow up to be so much more than anyone expected of us. we owe it to oursleves and our families to prove what we can do-what we will do. we're the future, and your recenlty passedaway family are so proud of yoo that yoove been able to keep giong. dotn let them down. do it for them.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
hopefaithlove Offline
I've been here a while

Re: she's dying. - December 6th 2009, 04:58 PM

Angelina,
You know I'm always here for you. I'm praying for you and your family. You are SO strong, so I know you will get through this and become even stronger. Please don't hesitate to text or PM me. Hang in there.

There is always hope. PM me anytime.
SH Free since 10.20.08

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: she's dying. - December 8th 2009, 11:14 AM

Don't forget I'm here Angelina, I'm not sure if you still have my number but text if you need me since the internet does NOT work for us.
I wasn't there when you lost your dad, I don't believe I was around when your grandfather died, I was however there when you lost your cousin. Remember? You texted me and I called you as soon as I got out of school.
I'll be here for you this time too, no matter what. Even if I don't know what to say, I'm here. Don't ever forget that. You don't wanna die. At least I don't want you to.
Please talk to me when you need to. <3

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: she's dying. - December 8th 2009, 03:47 PM

Thanks Keena, Kac, and whoever else replies.
It means alot to me <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
lilibug818 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lily M. Rosenthal

Re: she's dying. - December 8th 2009, 07:38 PM

Late reply, but...I wanted you to know I think I do understand. At least the bit about your dad; I know I told you already that mine died too. And I know how completely overwhelming just that can feel, let alone the rest of it. I know it's needless to say, but I am so sorry. You're incredibly strong to be getting through this the way you are. Let me know if you want to talk about anything.
  Send a message via AIM to lilibug818  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Kristen♡ Offline
A puzzle in the making
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kristen

Re: she's dying. - December 11th 2009, 07:10 PM

Aww, Angelina! It will be okay. Trust me, I'm always here. And I know just how you feel. My father passed away earlier this year due to pneumonia and bronchitis. I miss him dearly. My aunt also passed away two months ago, and three relatives within the past year. I know it's hard, it really is. But they wouldn't want you to feel so bad, they'd want you to be happy and move on. You just need to stay positive and talk to someone whenever you need! Don't forget; most of us here wouldn't mind talking at all. Like I said, I'm always here! Let me know if you need anything <3 Take care.

I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons.
And maybe we’ll never know most of them.
But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from,
we can still choose where we go from there.
We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.

PM|VM|EMAIL
Colyn Riley ♥

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: she's dying. - December 12th 2009, 10:23 PM

You may not know me, but trust me I can sympathize. Even if only a little, I think I know exactly what the empty feeling is you're talking about and I am just so glad you perservered this far.
I lost my mother to cancer in October and I still feel like I'm living in a bubble. My whole world crumbled and burned and yet the earth won't stop spinning for me? It is incredibly isolating.
All I can say is do not give up hope for your aunt. My mother was able to cling onto life for two years after the doctor told us she was dying. Be there for her, and make her last moments the best. The last words I said to my mother before I felt her pass were "I love you," and I know she died in peace. I wish with all my heart the same for you and your family. I hope brightness will soon find its way to you.

Closed Thread