TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DanniHeartsU Offline
Danielle
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Danielle

My best friend is gone. - January 5th 2010, 08:54 PM

A month ago, my best friend disappeared. Suicide.
I can't handle it. I pray to God all the time to give me a sign she's okay now. I pray for her family to handle it well. But I'm so upset. No one else understands. I can't even talk to my mom about it. She used to cut too and she was so close to stopping, because of me. And now I feel like it's my fault she's gone. I feel stupid, why couldn't I have helped her more? Now she's dead and I can never talk to her again.

---Danni :]

"Let peace live and fill the air,
Feel the wind run through your hair,
A message sent down from above,
Instead of hate let's learn to love,"

-An original poem by me :]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tiny_93 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Z

Re: My best friend is gone. - January 6th 2010, 03:15 PM

A friend of mine committed suicide in february. It was the hardest thing to ever deal with. Like your friend, she was a cutter etc. But to everyone else she came across happy, cheerful, like she didn't have a care in the world. Then one night I got a phonecall explaining what she did to herself. What you are feeling is completely normal - grief. You blame your self and in ways feel angry, but the truth is, it wasn't your fault. You're upset because you friend is has died, but honestly, there probably wasn't anything you could do! Your friend had her reasons, and sometimes when people commit suicide, it's sectretive - they don't let anyone know when or where or how they are going to do it.

Give it time, and you'll come to terms with her death - it won't always feel this bad. Hope this helps. PM me any time if you want to talk x

SH Free since:
22/12/09

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: My best friend is gone. - January 6th 2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny_93 View Post
A friend of mine committed suicide in february. It was the hardest thing to ever deal with. Like your friend, she was a cutter etc. But to everyone else she came across happy, cheerful, like she didn't have a care in the world. Then one night I got a phonecall explaining what she did to herself. What you are feeling is completely normal - grief. You blame your self and in ways feel angry, but the truth is, it wasn't your fault. You're upset because you friend is has died, but honestly, there probably wasn't anything you could do! Your friend had her reasons, and sometimes when people commit suicide, it's sectretive - they don't let anyone know when or where or how they are going to do it.

Give it time, and you'll come to terms with her death - it won't always feel this bad. Hope this helps. PM me any time if you want to talk x
Hey there, sorry for what happened. But Tiny_93 said what you needed to hear and know. Follow her advice.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: My best friend is gone. - January 7th 2010, 07:57 AM

Aw i am so so so sorry to hear about that.
Its understandable that you are finding it hard. I know I would find it very very very hard. And your feeling of guilt is normal, it is part of the grieving process. But you have to remember, what's done is done and it was not your fault. She was obviously very sad and now shes in a happier place with no more worries that she obviously faced. Im sure you helped her as much as you could. And you can always talk to her, its just that you can't see her and she won't reply back. But she knows your missing her.

I hope you start feeling better soon, one day you will be able to accept her death, i'm not saying you will forget about her, but you will just be able to remember all the happy times with her and these happy feelings will take over the sad ones! Give it time!
You can PM me if you would like

Closed Thread