TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Drew1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Drew

So much Pain but i can't cry? - January 25th 2010, 02:12 AM

A few mounths ago my GrandFather passed away. Its been a few mouths now and i still feel like a pile of dog shit. When i heard he died i had no reaction. I didnt feel pain nor did i cry. It is not that i am strong cause right now i feel like shit but i can't get myself to let go of my emotions?

Wtf is happening?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
claire.ellen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Claire

Re: So much Pain but i can't cry? - January 25th 2010, 01:26 PM

everyone grieves differently. it doesnt matter that you havent cried yet, that doesnt mean you arent hurting. when my mum told me about my one of my close friends dying she was crying so much and i just stood there then continued on the internet. for me it was because it didnt really seem real. yes i knew she was gone, but for a little while it didnt seem to phase me. when my birth mother died i cried at first, but its two years on now and i still havent fully excepted it.
people come to deal with loosing lost ones at different times when they are ready. boys generally dont cry as much as girls so maybe you will find peace at your own time. im so sorry for your loss, but i can tell you that you are not strange or wierd for not crying. doesnt mean you are hurting and less. let yourself deal with the loss how it needs to. in time everything does get better.
im always here if you need anything :) x

Melissa. My biological mother. Thank you for making the hardest decision anyone could ever make. I miss you. I forgive you.
I love you.
5th December 1976 - 2nd December 2007.

Cass. My close friend. You were a truely amazing and inspirational person. Thank you for teaching me how to be strong. I miss you. I love you. Always.
3rd October 1990 - 27th December 2009.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: So much Pain but i can't cry? - January 25th 2010, 01:35 PM

Hey Drew,
Everyone is effected by grief in completely different ways and for some people the grieving process is much longer than others. I think you need to take things one step at a time. I have seen a counsellor about a bearvement and I found it really helpful. One of the things she asked me to do was to find things that reminded me of the person and write things that I associated with that person. You might choose to do something similar you could make something specifically personal to you. You could make a memory box, a scrap book, write poetry, photography, art- anything that helps you to bring out these emotions you are feeling.
Yes it is going to take time but eventually you are going to be able to smile when you think of your grandad.
It's a hard process to go through and you will get there eventually, just in your own time.
Don't feel bad that you haven't cried- this is just you as a person and your personal way of taking things. Everyone is completely different and accept things in different amounts of time.
I hope things get better for you,
Paige xox

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: So much Pain but i can't cry? - January 25th 2010, 02:36 PM

People deal with death in certain ways and maybe this is just your way. Don't ever feel like something is wrong with you because you are handing it in this way.
Things will get easier as time goes by. My dad and Grandfather died seven months apart. I know it's hard. But you have family and great people around you, and of course Teen Help.

Hang in there.
PM me anytime. :]

Closed Thread