TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

19 Years Old - January 28th 2010, 10:55 AM

He would have been 19 today. I still remember the first birthday he had when I knew him. He got upset mine had passed and he didn't get to punch me. My next birthday him and his friends wrote on my lock sign, thinking I wouldn't know or be told by anyone. I can't believe he's gone, no one can. It's been a little over 8 months already. I still remember that day so well, it was my school's graduation and when I got home I saw "horrible accident, praying for Matt" and thought, no it has to be a different one. Then only a few minutes later I see another saying "RIP MP <3" I thought it was wrong, it was joke. I still broke down. I went to the park so my family wouldn't see. It was the worst pain I've ever felt. I kept trying to grasp the concept of him gone. Then I got a text from a best friend. I broke down even more. I wasn't at the funeral or the wake. I just, still can't believe it. I think about him everyday. I might get my license today, to remind myself everytime I look at it not to speed. I don't think I'll ever speed.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
strong-but-weak Offline
Musical mess
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Leah

Re: 19 Years Old - January 28th 2010, 04:52 PM

It really sucks losing people huh?
Everyone owns a part of you and when they die, they take that with them. It gets easier and less painful, but that missing piece doesn't come back. It's a constant reminder of what's missing. It doesn't have to be sad though. Be happy that you got to know him and that he got to leave that imprint on your heart. It sometimes seems like it would be easier if they hadn't. And it would have. But you also wouldn't have had all the laughs and smiles.
I'm glad that you took away such a good lesson about speeding. Remember it. It's what he left behind. His death taught you something. It taught you a way that you can avoid making people feel the way he left you feeling.

And no matter what my heart [</3] says
I have to let you walk away
maybe someday

I can't fight for you anymore
But it's too hard to watch you fall.
But watching you go breaks my heart
But I want to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: 19 Years Old - January 28th 2010, 05:47 PM

Hey Keena,

I am so sorry to hear about this. It always seems so much worse when someone so young dies through something tragic like this. It seems like you are still in shock at the moment and finding it a lot to take in. It will take time to grieve and come to terms with what has happened.

Speeding is definitely not worth it and the amount of people that lose there life due to car accidents a year is a lot. It is dangerous and people need to be more aware of the risks.

Stay strong.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: 19 Years Old - January 29th 2010, 05:41 PM

Keena, I remember when this happened.
It's hard when someone dies so young. Having my dad die from a motor vehicle accident, i know what it feels like. I have a horrible fear of driving.

Stay strong love. For him. I love you.<3

Closed Thread