TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sydney... Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sydney

I need some advice. - March 4th 2010, 04:34 AM

So, I have lost three people in my life in the last four months. I feel like I am starting to accept all of it now but, I am accepting it in a weird way. In the last couple of days I have wanted to do crazy stuff. Not because I want to die, but because I feel like any day could be my last. Like I was talking to my sister today and I told her that I have always wanted to get in a huge car crash. Not to die, but to say I have done it and move on. I am so confused. I want to know why I feel like this. It's like I am just now wanting to start actually living. And I know this all sounds really weird, but this is the best way to explain what I am feeling.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: I need some advice. - March 8th 2010, 10:28 AM

Hey Sydney,

I am really sorry to hear about all the people you have lost within such a short time. It is good that you are starting to accept it but the ways you describe are not weird. Everyone deals with grief in different ways and it sounds like perhaps you deal with it by thinking of these risky situations, which could leave you hurt. I don't think it is weird but the main thing is you don't act on these thoughts and do something that could potentially hurt you.

If you want to chat then I am always here. Stay strong.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Re: I need some advice. - March 8th 2010, 08:44 PM

Hey Sydney,

I'm so sorry. It sounds like your going through a very hard time right now. As Jen said, people do grieve differently. Its okay to feel how you feel at any given moment. Try not to surpress anything you feel because itll always come back. Its best to deal with your emotions as they come.

I think its great that you want to "start living." However, I'm sorry it took the loss of those three people to trigger that. Your only 13 and, more then likely you have quite a bit of time ahead of you. Maybe you could make up a list of all the things you want to do before you pass. Like that movie, the Bucket List I think? Anyways, leave the risky ones out, like the car accident. Don't try to make that one happen, or any like it. Those may end up happening on their own. There is no use putting yourself in danger just to say you did something.

But, make that list. Hopefully it'll help you figure out what you can start doing now to feel like you're living your life. And again, Sydney, live your life, not die. Car crashes aren't a great way to live your life. However, I do understand what you mean.

Take care of yourself. I'm sorry to hear about your loss and I hope your doing alright.
PM me anytime you need to talk. I truly mean it.

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before itís too late
I canít turn that clock back around
On what youíre dreaming about
You better do it now, donít wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
Closed Thread