TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chaos Theory Offline
Knowledge will truimph.
Junior TeenHelper

Star soccer player murdered - March 15th 2010, 06:50 AM

A murder taken place in my hometown just last night. A student from my old high school was killed. He was a soccer player for my high school. He also was named last season to The Republican All-Scholastic team. In 2006 he was on the Baystate Games championship team, the Western Mass. Warriors.

He was stabbed to death Saturday night and another student wounded when an altercation broke out at a birthday party at a small restaurant/bar.

More than 250 people were crowded into the restaurant that night. The suspect, who stabbed both victims, fled the scene.

A lot of people who knew him was quite sadden by his murder. Many friends of mine on Facebook has left R.I.P. message to remember him. While I personally don't know him, I would like to send my deepest condolsence to his family and to his friends. This is just too sudden. He really doesn't deserve this fate.

Right now, I am looking at the wall of a group dedicated to his memory. There are at least 2000 members in less than 24 hours and many nice messages were written. Reading those messages makes me wonder, would it be nice if these message was said before him, or anyone dies? I am sure anyone would appreciate those messages, and surely bring everyone closer to each other. I guess the purpose of this thread is of twofold: to serve as a memory of a tragic death of a young, bright teen, and to remind you all: express your love to your family, friends, and whoever in your life who you appreciate.

R.I.P. buddy.

For anyone who wants to read this: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...39757&srvc=rss

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the approbation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To give of one's self; To leave the world a bit better...; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - This is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.formspring.me/ToucheTurtle <-- Ask me a question

Last edited by Chaos Theory; March 16th 2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Added link

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Star soccer player murdered - March 15th 2010, 04:33 PM

That's really sad I'm sorry to hear this happened in your town.. and also yeah it does make you think. Which is why I tell my baby brother I love him every day.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cherryqueen1248 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Care

Re: Star soccer player murdered - March 15th 2010, 08:46 PM

this really got me thinking... wow! sorry this happened, I'll pray for your town and the family for healing. PM me if you need to talk about anything
-cherry

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: Star soccer player murdered - March 15th 2010, 09:14 PM

RIP Conor <3

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Star soccer player murdered - March 16th 2010, 12:14 AM

I'm very sorry for the loss of that young fellow. That's truly horrible what happened. I send my deepest condolences out to his friends and family.
I believe everyday is a gift, and I live life to the fullest because of a near death experience when I was 17. My mom and I were struck by a car, I hate even thinking about it, but it's a miracle we're both alive and well and had no broken bones, but we were injured and badly banged up, which wasn't fun.
I remember before that happened I was sad over the stupidest things that weren't worth it, I was cutting and suicidal and wished I were dead, but BAM just like that that car hit me and common sense hit me along with it, and I was harshly reminded at that moment of my life how fast your life can be over, and how you should treasure life and its value and don't take it for granted, don't spend your time worrying and moping over pointless things.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: Star soccer player murdered - March 18th 2010, 09:19 PM

The wake is on TV right now... there's so many people. Over 5,000 people joined the group at this point... it's crazy. I'm praying for his family & girlfriend & his friends <3

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Chaos Theory Offline
Knowledge will truimph.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Star soccer player murdered - March 19th 2010, 04:14 AM

Justice is served. The murderer is arrested for his crime.

http://videos.masslive.com/abc40/201...d_to_arre.html

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the approbation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To give of one's self; To leave the world a bit better...; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - This is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.formspring.me/ToucheTurtle <-- Ask me a question

Closed Thread