TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rabbit Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jamie

My grandpa. :( - March 18th 2010, 10:21 AM

You really don't realise how much you love someone until they're gone, huh?

My grandpa passed away on March 17th of liver failure (though his heart was failing at the time, as well). It's the first time that anyone close to me has ever died, and I'm...I don't know, I guess I'm just confused.

He'd been sick for a while, in and out of hospitals since September. We all knew it was coming, I guess.

I'm mostly worried for my dad. I mean his father just died, right before his eyes! I can't imagine what he's going through right now. I just wish I could do more to help him through this.

As for myself, well...I don't know. I never appreciated him much while he was alive, or got to know him or anything. He was nice, and I loved him. It wasn't a huge shock when he died, but I feel tears well up in my eyes when I think that I'll never see him again. He's gone.

I just feel like...I'm at a loss for what to do now.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: My grandpa. :( - March 18th 2010, 07:16 PM

Hiya

Im really sorry to hear about your grandpa....

I know what you are going through, I lost my grandpa just after the new year. He was in a bad state. He was a lovely man and me and him had a special close bond.

I think the best thing to do is support your dad, make sure your dad is loved and explain that his dad, your grandpa, will always be in your hearts.

I must also tell you that grieving is different for different people....me, I am still grieving and it shows differently each day.

You will get through, no matter how much pain you are in.

If you want to talk more then PM me.

xx

(P.S- My name is Jaymi as well)

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Victoria ♥ Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Victoria

Re: My grandpa. :( - March 18th 2010, 07:34 PM

Hi Jamie

I’m sorry to hear about your grandpa and I can understand what you mean when you say you don’t realise how much you love someone until they’re gone.

It’s always hard when you lose someone and often people are unsure about how they feel and this sounds like how you’re feeling at the moment. I want to reassure you that it’s fine to cry and can often help us feel better.

I think that it’s really great that you want to help your dad and it sounds like it’s upsetting you to know that he is upset. I think that one of the best things you could do for your dad at the moment is let him know that you are there for him..... He may want to talk about how he is feeling or he may not but I’m sure that knowing that he has someone there to support him will help.

Take care and if you need to talk then I’m here, just let me know.

Vicky x

♥ 18.10.08 ♥
LiveHelp Operator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: My grandpa. :( - March 19th 2010, 01:08 PM

Hey Jamie,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is always so difficult when you lose someone close but he will be watching over you wanting what is best for you. It is only natural to be upset and at least you are getting your feelings out, which is much better than holding it all in.

All you can do is be there for your dad if he needs to talk. Just being there can mean so much sometimes.

Stay strong.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: My grandpa. :( - March 29th 2010, 04:40 PM

We humans are quite unique. Oddly enough in a spectacular way. And sometimes to help someone who is hurting, just being there for them is one of the best ways to help them
through it. Just being there itself when you can and when you want to is so wondrous in itself. For your father just be there for him. Just be there and spend time with him.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread