TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Exclamation Alexis... Don't know her, but killing me.. - March 26th 2010, 08:51 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey everyone... I sadly just read an article from TWLOHA about Alexis Pilkington... I didn't know her... But it's killing me... This is to much for me to deal with right now... I am almost 17, and thats how old she was when she killed herself just a week or so ago... omg... I am such a wreck... I haven't even seen the messages her friends and everyone have wrote, but I am hoping I can...

I don't know why I am posting this... It's killing me... I have been through cyber bullying, and bullying al together... Her story reached my heart, and it's like I have known for for my entire life, even though I just heard about this...

I can't deal with this.. I just want to die... I can't believe the hearts of some, or lack there of... I can't believe people would ever do this, but I know people will push others to their limits, like they have me so many times... I am a horrible wreck ,and can't keep my mind off her... I just need someone...

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D
  Send a message via MSN to lost_chil Send a message via Skype™ to lost_chil 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: Alexis... Don't know her, but killing me.. - March 26th 2010, 09:00 PM

omg, i saw that too. it's so sad, and i'm really sorry that it affected you so much. you can help by reporting any cyber bullying you see and by not partaking in it yourself. please, feel free to PM anytime!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Alexis... Don't know her, but killing me.. - April 1st 2010, 03:40 AM

I've been put through cyberbullying a lot a couple years ago. It persisted for quite a while. Most of it was done by adults I didn't even know. Some of it included unprovoked harassment, death threats, libel, defamation, even the hacking of my personal website, and it turned out that someone I trusted closely had passed on private information so the bullies could use it to torment me online and get away with it. It didn't stop until I completely cut myself off from the hobby I once enjoyed and all related communities. It is very sad when anyone chooses to take their life because they feel that they have no way out. Personally when I was put through that, I too felt depressed that these horrible people were putting false incriminating personal information on the internet, where I was powerless to remove it, and it is seen by hundreds of people who believe it simply because it is there. It is terrorizing.

You can't help but feel, "I wish I knew about what she was going through, if I was there for her she might never would have died." But none of this was your fault. You didn't know her. Nothing can reverse this person's tragic choice because she felt there was no way out. It was a massive failure in the system that allowed someone to suffer in a way that didn't deserve to. And the last thing anyone would want would be for someone to kill him/herself with the only reason being because somebody else killed him/herself.

Learning about these things hurts a lot. You feel that this person could have been a good friend if you knew her. For example, Chelsea King was the perfect example of what a teen girl should strive to be, but she was murdered. When the needless death occurs of someone you could relate to even in the slightest way, it can hurt quite deeply, even though you had nothing to do with them. These types of feelings are normal, you take the time to mourn their tragic loss, and then you continue on with your normal life, with thoughts of her memory still with you. If you really have trouble getting past it, take the time to do something to help others in her memory, that is what she would want.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dagobert Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dagobert

Re: Alexis... Don't know her, but killing me.. - April 1st 2010, 05:50 AM

Care to explain this story to those who don't know about this individual? I personally don't know what exactly had happened to this person.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Alexis... Don't know her, but killing me.. - April 1st 2010, 11:03 PM

News story about her:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6343077.shtml
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
Closed Thread