TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lovestruck Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: kristen

daddy:( - April 4th 2010, 11:04 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

okay well im new to this site and sall this called grieving and thought this is where i cant tell the story

well on January 14 my daddy killed himself. he was ancholic and drunk himself to the point where he went to get his gun and put it to his head
he did it cuz that night my mom told him she was leaving him

i came home from school that day happy as hell for some reason to find my mom and dad in the computer room holding a piece of paper the 1st thing that came to me was oh he got fired. but no that wasn't it i heard them fighting and then my mom came upstairs crying saying i told yur father i wanted a divorce and i just broke down i knew it was coming i just didnt think so soon well they called me down stair to talk to me about it. and for the 1st time in my whole life i sall ym daddy crying like not the little tear crying like loud sobbing crying and it scared me so i jusg broke down even more and i went to him to hug him and he just kept saying i love yu i lvoe yu and i said it back well after that i went to take a bth and i calmed down but before i wen to bed i heard a noise down stair nd i thought he was drunk and he was laughing at something funny on tv but he was still sobbing just louder and my mom went tdown there to tell him to be quiet and i went to my room to cry and call a friend and all i kept sYING to my friend was omg i dont want himm to do anything stupid well i went to bed

then around 1:3 my mom said cystal pack something up were going ot grandmas and i was like huuh okay i still was barley awake so i didnt think anything of it then i went to start walking dow the stairs and sall to cops and all the kept doing was looking in the living room and my mom said dont look in there to me but i did anyway and i sall my daddy to which he looked like he was asleep on the ground then i sall the carpet was dark red and at that point i was shaking and couldt breathe

its terrible to come home from school knowing yur dad wont be there for yu

i miss my dad

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Squid

Re: daddy:( - April 4th 2010, 11:17 PM

Oh my gosh Kristen, that is terrible, I can't imagine how you must feel! I am so sorry, and you're only thirteen Remember your dad loves you, remember he is in a happier place now, okay? I am going to try and help you get through this, message me all you want, I will always try to help.

Do you talk to your mum about it, or are you seeing a councellor? Sometimes it is good to talk to someone face to face, I know they can be scary, but in the end they really do help.

I can assume you're not going to get over this easily, and I really don't blame you, there's no rush at all. This is a horrible experience for you to go through, but your dad is now resting, and I'm sure he wouldn't want you to be unhappy.

Remember, feel free to message me, I will try to help you through it xx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
natcat Offline
Average Joe

Name: Natalie

Re: daddy:( - April 5th 2010, 01:50 PM

Hey.

Suicide is a really tough thing to deal with, death in general is difficult enough. I sincerely hope that you place no blame on yourself or your mom for this happening to your dad. Like the previous poster said, your dad loves you. Sometimes people make decisions that we don't understand - often they are not in the right state of mind and do not properly evaluate their choices. It sucks to not have all the answers, doesn't it?

I know this is a tough time for you. And it is only natural for you to miss your dad. Perhaps you could visit a school counsellor or a grievance cousellor for some assistance during this time. Make sure you take care of yourself, okay? Eat healthy, try to get some sleep, drink lots of water, exercise. Take care, and if you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me

It's better to cross the line &
suffer the consequences
than to just stare at the line
for the rest of your life.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Youth Pastor Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Youth Pastor

Re: daddy:( - April 5th 2010, 02:20 PM

Something to make sure you do is to talk to someone about this. Keeping all this sadness inside isn't good. If you want to PM me feel free to do that or if you find someone else on here that's cool also, just be sure you find someone.

To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world

Failure isn't when you get knocked down, it's when you don't get back up

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Victoria ♥ Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Victoria

Re: daddy:( - April 8th 2010, 01:44 PM

Hi Kristen, I’m so sorry to hear what you have been through. I can only imagine how hard it must be to have to deal with something like that. Like other people have said I think it’s really important that you reach out to people who you can talk to about how you are feeling. It’s always good to have people who you can turn to when you’re feeling upset. It may also help you to have someone you can go to who is not emotionally involved in the situation, like a counsellor or teacher.
Losing someone to suicide is a terrible thing to have to deal with but knowing that you don’t have to deal with it on your own should help you. Take your time, think things through and don’t bottle things up.
If you ever want to talk then you can PM me anytime.
Take care

♥ 18.10.08 ♥
LiveHelp Operator

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: daddy:( - April 9th 2010, 02:26 AM

Hey there.
I understand how hard this is to deal with. I lost my Dad in March 2008.
It's not an easy thing to deal with. It hurts a lot, i know you miss him, but think of the good memories you have of him. :]
I can completely relate to you, so please feel free to drop me a PM.
Take care and remember.. your not alone.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Alicia.C Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alicia

Re: daddy:( - April 9th 2010, 07:44 PM

Please remember that alcohol makes the decisions when drunk, it wasnt your dad. Had he been sober, he never wouldve done it. I hope you can find some comfort, I lost my daddy too, not to suicide, but to cancer. You are not alone in this. Please PM me any time you need to!

Closed Thread