TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jacey Offline
Just Me
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jacey

I lost - April 5th 2010, 11:47 AM

my little sister in febuary and I miss her like crazy just hoping she'll come through the door again, she was really sick with a disease i have and my dad and other sister and its terminal and killed her, she was the sweetest little girl
  Send a message via MSN to Jacey  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
natcat Offline
Average Joe

Name: Natalie

Re: I lost - April 5th 2010, 01:45 PM

Losing someone close to you - especially a family member can be really tough. Especially if you have watched them suffer with a disease like you did with your sister. First off, let me offer my sympathies to you and your family, because it's always tough to lose a loved one, no matter how long you have to prepare for it.

It is very hard at first to get used to not having them around. Give yourself time to grieve, don't rush the process. Let yourself cry, be angry, vent. This is part of the healing process - and yes, unfortunately it will hurt. There will be times when you feel like you can't go on. Remember the happy times you had with your sister, perhaps making a scrap book of your memories. As cliche as it may sound, I'm sure she wouldn't want you to stop living your life because of her.

Take a break, take a breather. Most importantly, take time for yourself. I hope you are doing alright, take care

It's better to cross the line &
suffer the consequences
than to just stare at the line
for the rest of your life.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: I lost - April 7th 2010, 02:26 PM

Hey Jacey,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. But it seems like your little sister had no choice of dying and I think she would have wanted to be enjoying life with you if she could. She wouldn't want you to be sad about it; I think she would want you to make the most of your life. It is only natural to miss her loads and you will never stop missing her but hopefully in time when you think about her you will be able to look back at the good times you spent together and hold onto these. That isn't an easy thing to do though. Just remember you are not alone with your feelings. There is always someone here you can chat to.

I am always here if you want to chat. Stay strong.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: I lost - April 7th 2010, 04:17 PM

Jacey - From the bottom of my heart, I just want to wish you all the best. Losing someone is an unimaginable thought that I can't begin to comprehend.

Stay strong.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Alicia.C Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alicia

Re: I lost - April 9th 2010, 08:00 PM

I havent lost a sister or brother, but I have lost the 2 people who raised me from 3 weeks old, Ive had miscarriages and gave birth to a stillborn little girl in February, a cousin, someone like an uncle and have lost a nephew all in the last 4 years. My daughter had many complications, my "parents" had many problems causing a lot of pain and my nephew was sick. My cousin had cancer as did my "uncle." The one thing that keeps me going is knowing they arent suffering anymore. Remember your sister, the good times and the bad and know that those memories will keep her alive. As long as shes in your heart, shes not very far away. The tears will come and go, the pain will be hard one day and okay the next. Its normal, even years later. Death isnt easy, but it is a part of life. We all go through it at some point. Keep your head up knowing that your sister isnt suffering.

Closed Thread