TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
InTheFlood Offline
Walking In The Sun...
I've been here a while

Name: Amelia

People Who Smoke Should Read This - April 9th 2010, 05:27 PM

So My Parents Have Been Split Since I Was Like 3.
But My Mum Had This Boyfriend Through My Entire Childhood, Like From 4 To 12/13.
Today We Got The News That He's Died, He Had Cancer From Last September And The Doctors Said He Wouldn't Make Last Christmas. So He Ignored Them Just Like Usual, He Always Was A Stubborn Sod
We Had A Lot Of Laughs Together, He's The One That Introduced Me To Star Wars Which I've Loved Ever Since.
He Also Was The First Person To Take Me Go-Karting And Showed Me How To Bash Other People Off The Track When I Was About 8.
He Was A Brilliant Man,
He Died of Lung Cancer And Secondary Brain Cancer, By The End He Was Blind And Paralysed.
All Because He Smoked..
Seriously If Anybody Reading This Smokes, Its So Not Worth It. Trust Me, I've Seen The End, And Its Not Fun, Its Not Pretty And Definitely Not Cool.
I'm Trying Not To Be Too Sad, I Know He'd Hate It If I Moped And Stuff
But I Still Miss Him,

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║▌║
ORIGINAL MCFLY FAN

"Another year over, and we're still together.
It's not always easy, but McFly's here forever
I know you believe me, when you look into my eyes
'Cause McFly never dies, because The Heart Never Lies!"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Re: People Who Smoke Should Read This - April 9th 2010, 07:33 PM

omg... I'm so so sorry for your lost Amelia.

I smoke... Not alot... But like now and then... I am at a lost of words... I am so sorry this happened. I'm so sorry you had to go through this...

If you EVER need to talk, please, just OM me or anything. I'm here. I'm really sorry again.

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D
  Send a message via MSN to lost_chil Send a message via Skype™ to lost_chil 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Alicia.C Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alicia

Re: People Who Smoke Should Read This - April 9th 2010, 07:40 PM

Amelia, so sorry for your loss. I can relate. I was raised by my grandparents, both long long term smokers. My grandpa was diagnosed with lung cancer which had already spread covering 3/4 of his brain. He went through the chemo and radiation and though it did help shrink the tumors in his lungs, it did nothing for the cancer on his brain. He was diagnosed on July 10th, 2006, and passed away on November 24th, 2006. My grandma passed away June 10th, 2006 and the doctors had found a dark spot in her lungs too. Im a smoker, started before I was 10 and have been trying, and trying, and trying to quit. Its not at all an easy thing to do. For me, I still feel the connection between my grandma and smoking. We used to hide out in the bathroom in the middle of the night, smoke and eat ice cream. Even at 20 years old. Its so hard for me to let go of that, anything.

Again, Im sorry for your loss, and for mine.

Closed Thread