TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jacey Offline
Just Me
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jacey

My Dad - May 3rd 2010, 02:18 PM

just died, if anyones counting thats 2 my dad and my little sister, how do you get through this?
  Send a message via MSN to Jacey  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: My Dad - May 3rd 2010, 04:12 PM

Hey Jacey,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine how hard things must be for you right now so you have definitely done the right thing by reaching out for help. You have to allow yourself to grieve and get out how you feel, because holding it all inside will only make things worse. Doing things like talking to people who are close to you and writing about how you feel may be helpful.

I suppose you have to think about what your dad would want for you. I think he would want you to be happy and live a good life. Right now though that might seem impossible after what has happened but you will get through it. When you feel sad or upset you have to try to hold onto the good memories you spent with your dad and remember what he would want for you.

If you ever want to chat then I am always here. Remember you are not alone. Stay strong.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: My Dad - May 3rd 2010, 06:09 PM

Hi Jacey

Im so sorry about your losses. My Grandad just passed, so I kind of know how you feel.

Things must be hard, and its great you can ask for help.

Grieving is a normal thing. You may be sad one day, then extrememly angry. Your emotions will be all over the place, which is fine.

You have to remember your dad will want you to be happy.

I also reccomend bereavement counselling. Thats a type of therapy that specifies dealing with the passing of people. You can talk about your feelings and get help coping with whats going on.

If you want to talk than you can PM me

Take care
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: My Dad - May 3rd 2010, 06:21 PM

Hey Jacey. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. Have you ever though of talking to someone about your feelings? May it be a counselor, family, teachers or even a friend? Talking about it may help. Also remember don't be afraid to cry. Crying isn't necessarily a bad thing. I lost my Dad in a car accident in 2008, and it's still really rough for me at times. Just remember that there are people who want to help and support you. It's good that your reaching out for help. Remind yourself of the good memories, and not so much the bad. Stay strong and I'm always here if you need someone to talk to. Just send me a PM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Clouds. Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Clouds

Re: My Dad - May 4th 2010, 12:20 AM

Hi,
I am sorry to hear about your losses.
I've lost my mum and nana who I was really close to so I know what you must be feeling to lose people you love too.

I did the same thing as you- came on here to ask for advice and it did help me a bit so I hope that these replies might help you a little bit too?

All I can really say to you is that it is perfectly normal to grieve over the loss of loved ones- it's one of the hardest things people and myself have had to go through so I'm not going to pretend that it will be easy.

But, believe me talking through things with people definately helps, so here is a good start. Also, maybe you could write/ type down your feelings too I found that it helped me get my emotions out when I was feeling angry/ upset, don't bottle anything up as it makes it worse.

Also, I used to talk to her as if she was in the room and I talk to her when I go and visit her grave as if she is still alive because I believe she can see/ hear me and that your dad can too. I felt stupid at first, but I think she actually does listen to me & that I will see her again one day anyway

I am not lying when I say to you now- it DOES get easier over time & your dad would want you to move on with your life and make him proud. How long it takes to get easier differs for everyone, but it really does.

Hope things get easier for you in time. PM me anytime.

x<3x

~Happy to help *

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jacey Offline
Just Me
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jacey

Re: My Dad - May 4th 2010, 12:25 AM

Thanks guys, i have thought about talking to someone but keep getting refered and then never getting a reply, will keep working on it though yous are amazing thank you <3
  Send a message via MSN to Jacey  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Clouds. Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Clouds

Re: My Dad - May 4th 2010, 12:38 AM

It's good that you are trying to get help about this.
Keep trying to get through and then hopefully it will help to get your feelings out to someone.

Stay strong.

x<3x

~Happy to help *

Closed Thread