TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kylem Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kyle

Its been kinda scary, wheres the light?! - May 9th 2010, 02:39 PM

Well recently I became very close to an older cousin of mine, she was sweet, caring, and loving. She helped me with depression, loneliness etc. by giving me a flashdrive filled with relaxing techniques and exercises to listen too. But fate can be cruel, She died in her sleep the next day! It was a tremendous shock to me. I thought everyone and everything was being taken from me.
And on that same day my father had crossed the line and attacked and strangled me in front of my 3-year-old nephew, his mother, being the hateful, spiteful person that she is; said I couldn't see the boy for the rest of my life.
Its been proven too. In some way, he had come to my house, and rushed to give me a hug, then she screamed "Don't go near him! leave him there" I'm like thinking, gosh this is childish lol.

Anyway its been tough, maybe I could have support I need it
  Send a message via MSN to kylem Send a message via Yahoo to kylem  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Descant Offline
Time Lord
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Descant

Re: Its been kinda scary, wheres the light?! - May 10th 2010, 05:49 AM

Oh my goodness. That must be so hard..... I am glad you are looking for help instead of just letting depression overtake you. i dont know what i would even do in that situation. i know when my mom died that people kept offering to talk to me, but i didnt want to talk to them. however, i am here if you ever want to talk to me. i dont know how else to help.

Quote:
So sing for the river and sing for the stars.
Sing for the friends you made, wherever they are.
Sing to bring you back again or to take you away.
Sing a song for me my friend.
Sing for today.
I know I sound like every other member, but really, PM me!!! I would love to have someone to talk to!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: Its been kinda scary, wheres the light?! - May 11th 2010, 06:23 PM

Hey Kyle,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost a good friend not so long ago and it was a shock to me when I found out since she was only young. When something like this happens it can feel like life is so unfair and it can be at times. I suppose you just have to try to hang onto the positive memories you spent with your cousin even though I understand that is so difficult at the moment. But try and remember what she said to you when you were depressed and how she helped you to get through it.

I can't take away all your pain but I am always happy to listen if you ever want to chat. Stay strong.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Its been kinda scary, wheres the light?! - May 11th 2010, 09:13 PM

Kyle,

Welcome to the site. You have my condolences, it is definitely tragic indeed.

I suggest that you file a police report about what your father did to you, that is assault and he had no right to do that.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
Closed Thread