TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Meow! Woof Woof! Moooo! Baaaa!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

ruthy :( - May 12th 2010, 06:36 PM

a friend of mine, ruthy passed away on friday due to complications from neurofibromatosis(please just look it up, i dont want to explain)
i'm devastated, i'm tired of death and pain, its not fair

I was born with a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis, it causes tumors to grow in my body on nerves,my spine,and under my skin. I have a tumor in the thalamus region of my brain. I also have heartburn,hypothyroidism and secondary adrenal insufficiency these are under control with medication.
I also have hip dysplasia and scoliosis.

Send a message via AIM to BabyGirl767  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: ruthy :( - May 13th 2010, 07:31 AM

I'm really sorry for your loss; I'm lucky to have never lost a close friend and can't even imagine how painful it would be. Did you at least have some warning so you were able to see her before she passed away? Not that that would make things any less awful, maybe even more so -- I saw my Grandma last Sunday and could barely recognize her, her mind and body were all but gone and by Tuesday so was she, and I can't decide whether I'm glad I saw her at the end or not.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Meow! Woof Woof! Moooo! Baaaa!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: ruthy :( - May 13th 2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost On The Highway View Post
I'm really sorry for your loss; I'm lucky to have never lost a close friend and can't even imagine how painful it would be. Did you at least have some warning so you were able to see her before she passed away? Not that that would make things any less awful, maybe even more so -- I saw my Grandma last Sunday and could barely recognize her, her mind and body were all but gone and by Tuesday so was she, and I can't decide whether I'm glad I saw her at the end or not.
unfortunetly no, we never got to meet but we kept in contact while we still could about two years after we met she basically went down hill her last year of her life she lost her ability to write or even type. her final weeks of life she was on a machine, i knew she wouldnt want that. shes going to be cremated, there really was no warning, i honestly didnt think she would die so suddenly, i'm just glad she isnt in any pain, and even though we hadnt met in person it didnt mean our conncetion was any less of one, a friend of mine who was also a friend of her told me ruthy enjoyed hearing about me and that ruthy treasured the friendship she and i had. it may sound weird but i know she wouldnt want me to be sad about her death, i did cry a few times but other then that i havent cried since, i feel like ruthy is taking away my sadness, i loved her and she loved me, she had a cat named bitty, bitty will be living with mark(ruthy and i's friend) which is what ruthy wouldve wanted ruthy lived in phoenix AZ, which meant i'd have to fly out to see her, with my immune system the way it is i probably wouldnt have been able to see her, because like i said ruthy had MRSA. she was only 33, she had a daughter weho refused to talk to her(ruthys daughter pretty much abandonded her)

I was born with a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis, it causes tumors to grow in my body on nerves,my spine,and under my skin. I have a tumor in the thalamus region of my brain. I also have heartburn,hypothyroidism and secondary adrenal insufficiency these are under control with medication.
I also have hip dysplasia and scoliosis.

Send a message via AIM to BabyGirl767  
Closed Thread