TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fear Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

RIP Pierce. <3 [21408] - February 14th 2009, 04:32 PM

[Photo removed -Jessie]
Pierce Richard [Last name removed -Jessie].
6/27/91 - 2/14/08.

Today is his one year anniversary. He died from heroin - an air bubble took his life after he got the drug off a 'friend' of his. This summer, he's turning 18.
It's been a year and it still feels like it's the day after... I still regret not protecting him. I should have tried harder to talk him out of it. I should have told someone he wanted to do that stuff again. But, I think my biggest regret was not being his valentine. He asked me and I told him no because I already had plans. And he just smiled, flipped his hair out of his face, told me he'd see me at school, and walked off the bus - just like always.. for the last time.
He was my 80's buddy. Aviators, tye dye and long blonde hair... I'm sure he'd be happy with me wearing his memorial shirt I made last year. Tye dye for him.

Pierce, happy valentine's day.
I'll be your valentine. Always. <3

God, I miss him.
RIP, baby.

Last edited by eunoia; February 24th 2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Out of respect for the family, and for their privacy, we request you do not post photos or last names in this forum.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: RIP Pierce. <3 [21408] - February 15th 2009, 10:49 AM

Hey there, Fear.

Forgive my lack of knowing what to say here; I truly don't, but I did want you to have a reply that showed that we are listening and we do care, because, well, we do. I don't know what it's like to lose a close friend, but I imagine this has been one of, if not the hardest thing you've ever been through. For you to look back on it, even a year later, still standing strong, is so, so amazing to me. It's completely inspirational. It sounds like your friend was a great time; it also sounds like you guys spent some really awesome quality time together. Cherish the memories with him--nothing can take that away from you. Pierce seems like he's making a lovely guardian angel of sorts for you. Again, apologies for the lack of constructive advice here, but please take care of yourself.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: RIP Pierce. <3 [21408] - February 16th 2009, 08:36 AM

hey you.

i know that you're going through a lot, but actually the truth is.. pierce never actually left you. he's always blessing your every move from high up above i know that no matter what, he's always going to be your guardian angel...

the most important thing to know is that those who apparently leave us, actually NEVER left us

in case you need someone to talk to, remember we're all always ready to support you.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: RIP Pierce. <3 [21408] - February 20th 2009, 06:33 PM

Hey there,

I want to begin by telling you how sorry I am for your loss. Losing someone, especially a young person, can leave you feeling lost and alone.

I want you to know that his death is not your fault. No matter how badly we want to protect the people we love, sometimes things happen that are beyond our control. It's not fair, it's like we lose every day of our lives--because we know that each of those days should be spent with our loved ones.

But Pierce would want you to be at peace. He would want you to put your fears, your worries, your heartache to rest. I'd bet a million dollars on that. Live a fulfilling life for you and him. Do all of the things he never got to do, and be proud to say they're in his memory but don't live in the past. Tomorrow's a new day, and one day (I think) you will see him again.

Let me know if you need to talk. Ever.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

Closed Thread