TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
honeycake Offline
If you need a friend, i'm here
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: jodie

7 Years ago and still greiving - February 19th 2009, 10:08 PM

I'm really traumaised and greiving.

I can still remember it like yesterday....

August 24th, 2001

My Nana lived with my grandparents after my great grandad died, 10 month later August 24th, my grandma went to check on my nana because she had been ill the day before this was at 6:45am and she was fine. My grandma woke up and went downstairs at 8:45am so i followed as i was awake and at 9:30am my grandma said 'Go wake your nana up for breakfast'. So i went upstairs and said nana and lifted the pillow off her, she lied funny and i saw her eyes staring at me i screamed and ran downstairs i told my grandma she was dead she just said don't be silly but she was. Ever since then i've been so traumaised and losing other people has made me create Imaginary friends . i dont think i can ever really happy again i can't get over it

Darlin' don't leave me out here in the cold
I'm begging you baby don't leave me out here on my own I'll die, If you don't hold me tight Tonight, I couldn't make it outside If I tried, So please let me in lover,
Be kind ♥
  Send a message via AIM to honeycake Send a message via Skype™ to honeycake 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough

Name: Brittney

Re: 7 Years ago and still greiving - February 19th 2009, 11:11 PM

Jodie,
I am so sorry that you have had to go through this. I can't imagine finding a loved one of mine after they had passed away and I can imagine how traumatic that must have been. Have you considered seeing a therapist for this? I know that can be somewhat scary but sometimes it helps with coping with traumatic experiences.
If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me. Take care. :]

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: 7 Years ago and still greiving - February 20th 2009, 06:40 PM

Jodie,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine being so young and faced with death in that way. It's very understandable that you are still hurting from this. Have you ever seen a grief counselor? I know it may not sound like the best thing ever, but sometimes it can be so, so helpful.

I know it might not feel like you will ever be happy again--but you can be, Jodie. Grief takes time, different amounts for each of us and depending on who we have lost. I can't tell you whether or not you'd be a different person today if this hadn't happened to you, but I can tell you that you can live a happy and fulfilling life, despite it.

I strongly encourage you to seek counseling to help you work through this difficult time in your life.

As always, let me know if you need anything at all. I'm always around.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: 7 Years ago and still greiving - February 23rd 2009, 11:38 AM

jodie.

i want to say i am truly saddened by your loss. but your grandma , actually is standing guard from your heart.. because those who truly love us and cherish us, NEVER LEAVE. they're always watching from the sky high heavens, blessing everything we do .

and you know, remember you can talk to us anytime you feel sad or anything, because the most comforting knowledge that can ever be known is that there's always people ready to listen to you whenever something knocks you down and you need a hand to pull you back up.

WE'RE THAT HAND all of us, yup!

remember you can always talk to us

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread