TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
vikki Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: vikki

? - February 21st 2009, 07:07 PM

I was wondering my boyfriend thinks i should be able to get over the death of my grandfather because he is over the death of his.But the thing is i never really said good by to him and even thinking of his hurts just as much as the day he pasted away and he has always been gone for 5 years now is it normal to still feel like this? and is there anything i can do to get over the death and be able to let him go?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
VanishingActs Offline
~kiss it better~
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Vicki

Re: ? - February 21st 2009, 11:29 PM

Hey Vikki,

Grieving is a very personal process and it takes different people different lengths of time to come to terms with the loss. I know right now it seems hard but with time you will feel better and find it easier to go about your day to day life. You will still thinking about them, but you will feel stronger.

Maybe see if there is a support group in your area for dealing with death and grief?

Remember you can get through this and you are not alone, you will always have us to talk to if you need to.

Take care,
Vicki

Live on love.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
vikki Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: ? - February 22nd 2009, 12:02 AM

hey thanks its weird because when he died i had gone through cutting myself and depression and whatnot but now its like i think of him and i cry and i cant stop its like when i saw him in the casket when he was dead that type of crying i think i should get a ride out to his grave and say good bye that way maybe thats what i need to help me

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: ? - February 22nd 2009, 03:50 AM

hey vikki.

the thing is ... no matter what happens what you do, the fact is that the grandfather will still love you deeply because you're a family member sometimes its normal to feel like this because the lost of a loved one is never easy to forget and deal with.

however, just remember that your grandfather is watching up frmo the heavens , blessing your every move remember that he's always like smiling because he's happy watching you grow, happy that you're maturing. hence, he has never actually left you. and thats a fact

you'll have to talk to your boyfriend and other friends about how this is affecting you.. it helps to have the support of those close to you just remember, stay strong for him . he would want you to live life as fully as possible

remember, in case you need any support, we're all always available .

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: ? - February 22nd 2009, 05:25 AM

I hope this don't sound rude. But your boyfriend has no say in how long it's going to take one to grieve. It might not ever get fully better and you may think of your grandfather a lot. To have him even say that you shouldn't be upset about it 5 years later, but every body has a different grieving period and grieves differently.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lindsey

Re: ? - February 22nd 2009, 06:47 AM

he will be with you no matter where you go because he his in your heart and no one can take away the memories,,,i know how you feel because my grandma died 8 years ago and i am still trying to get over her death...i just takes time....it is different for each person.....just remember him and try to think of the good times with him
  Send a message via AIM to sneezysnowflake12  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
vikki Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: ? - February 25th 2009, 12:39 AM

i do try to think of just the good times but then all i can see is him lieing there in his cofen no glass's and he use to be so big but he looked so small

Closed Thread