TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Poisonous Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kristian

Unhappy He's Dead But I Still See Him - February 22nd 2009, 06:48 PM

Im bisexual and ive been that way for nearly 4 yrs and im 14 now, i met this guy called will and we quickly became best friends, doing everything together, i realised about 6 months after we met that i was falling in love with him and i soon asked him if he was gay, he told me he was bi and had he'd fallen for me about the same time , i fgell for him, we started dating and were going out for about 3 yrs when his dad decided to move to america for a yr, they moved to los angelos and after both of us feeling empty we decided to break up until they moved back, on january 11th he was killed in either a hit and run or a drive by shooting. i became depressed and tried suicide until after counselling i slowly got over him, i still love him with all my heart and recently i've started seeing him everywhere i go, i might walk past a gang of my year boys at school and he would be one of them, winking at me, i would catch a glance at a mirror and see his reflection instead of mine. Its driving me crazy, can someone please help me understand what and why its happening?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Claire Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: He's Dead But I Still See Him - February 23rd 2009, 06:02 PM

Its still really soon so he will be in your mind all the time, and you will see him in familiar places, thats completely normal. When my Mum died I would hear her downstairs still and pick up the phone to call her when I saw something that reminded me of her. It slowly fades though, and thats both good and bad. Its bad because you feel guilty for not thinking of them as much, but its good because it lets you get on with your own life and its healthy.

I'd give yourself at least another few months to see if it gradually gets better, but if it carries on, or if your really bothered by it and its affecting you majorly, then talk to a doctor. They can help, either with pills or with counciling. Bereavement councilors are trained to deal with this and see it everyday, they can help you. Your definitely not alone x

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though its breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, youll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
Youll see the sun come shining through for you

Closed Thread