TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Unhappy He's Not Dead Yet but they're Already Saying he is - February 23rd 2009, 05:00 AM

My ex boyfriend is dying. And I don't know how to cope.

It's just beginning to hit even though I've known for a few months now.
*sobs*

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough

Name: Brittney

Re: He's Not Dead Yet but they're Already Saying he is - February 23rd 2009, 05:06 AM

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Death is never easy and it certainly isn't easier when you know about it. Spend as much time with him as you can and treasure the times you had with him and will have with him. Know that it's okay to cry and be sad. Maybe you could talk to a counselor about how to cope with this?

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: He's Not Dead Yet but they're Already Saying he is - February 23rd 2009, 12:31 PM

hey mystery.

i've already said this somewhere else before and i'm going to say it again..

the msot important thing to help a guy (ESPECIALLY a boyfriend ) is to stamp the knowledge that you'll always be there and you want to be as close to them as can be into his head. and the feeling of knowing that in a guy, is the best knowledge in the world and the best thing you can give to him. (yep, this is coming from a guy, so you can trust this )

i think that you're a really sweet girlfriend because it's obvious that you really care for him remember you've us to talk to, too if you really want support

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Re: He's Not Dead Yet but they're Already Saying he is - February 23rd 2009, 03:23 PM

Thank you guys so much!

I just havent wanted to talk about it with him...and I don't let myself get sad when I'm around him, but then I start pushing him away because I start feeling sad...And rawr.

If I could...I'd rather me die than him, becuase that's how I always imagined it. I always thought I would die before him. He's a few months younger than me...He's going to die around 20. I just...fucking hate this! It isn't fair...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Re: He's Not Dead Yet but they're Already Saying he is - February 23rd 2009, 03:38 PM

I know exactly how you feel. My ex is dying, but... the stupid thing is, I knew before I started dating him.
It's a horrible thing to go through, and you're unsure of your feelings because of the situation.
If he needs to talk about it, try and be there for him, as hard as it might be.
I'm here if you need someone to talks to, someone that understands.
Lou.

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Re: He's Not Dead Yet but they're Already Saying he is - February 23rd 2009, 04:22 PM

How do we live with it though? Knowing theyre going to die and theres not a single thing we can do about it...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: He's Not Dead Yet but they're Already Saying he is - February 23rd 2009, 09:11 PM

i know its painful . VERY painful.. but actually, deep inside, before someone passes away.. his one wish is to spend time more time with the people they like most.

and you know, your boyfriend wouldnt want you to feel really sad about it.. so no matter what, remember that he would want you to live to the fullest.

remember that fact.. and make it a guideline . remember that you both are together in soul

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
.commers
Average Joe

Name: Michael

Re: He's Not Dead Yet but they're Already Saying he is - February 26th 2009, 09:10 PM

Its always hard to lose someone but just know that you can cry,be angry and upset and dont let anyone tell you different but also dont be worried if you dont feel theses things as everyone deals with death in a totaly different way to each other.
Be there for him but be there for yourself more. You have to look after yourself first

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Wishable Offline
★ Listen Up, Destiny
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Caroline

Re: He's Not Dead Yet but they're Already Saying he is - February 27th 2009, 05:30 PM

I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better, or even begin to take away the pain you are feeling but I just wanted you to know that
a) I am so sorry
b) I care.
c) It WILL get easier
Keep me updated, alright?

need some hope? click this one
know an angel? tell me about it

Closed Thread