TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
askingcolie Offline
Nicole
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nikki or Nicole

I miss Daddy. - March 5th 2011, 07:46 AM

When I was twelve, I lost my father. I am fifteen now. And tonight I have been feeling a great deal of depression towards losing my dad. My dad. Was my hero. He taught me how to swim, how to kick a soccer ball, talked to me about everything, introduced me to so many great things. He was the best dad anyone could ask for. We shared everything from candy to Girl Scout Cookie selling. Three years later, I ahve lost all the innocence I had when I still had him. He was still Daddy and I was Daddy's Little Girl. I want to talk to him. I want to ask him questions. I can't stand the sickening feeling that I wasn't meant to lose him so early and that he still had so many things left to teach me. I don't ever feel as great a pain as I do when I miss my dad and nothing seems to be getting easier, just farther apart. I feel like this pain will never go away.
I need my dad to threaten the boys I date with a shotgun and buy me ice cream when they hurt me. I need my dad to play our favorite songs and tell me it'll be okay. I need my dad to be there for me when I was raped. And now that I may be preagnant with the rapist's baby, I don't think I can life without him.
My father was murdered. He was ripped from me. If I find the person who did that to me and my father. I will fucking kill him.
This really wasn't anything to have answered. Just a lot of grief to let out.

12~13~10- I love you.
1~24~08- I miss you.

LGBT member and supporter and PROUD.

I like to help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Quirinus Offline
Jeremyjoltasaur^ namechange ;)
Average Joe

Name: Jeremy

Re: I miss Daddy. - March 5th 2011, 09:32 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss, you seemed very close to your father, i know how hard it is to lose someone close to you, but just remember when you're feel sad, they are always going to watch over you, and be in your heart, you may not be able to feel/see/hear them but they can hear you, see you.. And maybe your father will find a way to get the people back for what they do, you never know what happens after death..

If i held my ground
Would you ask me to
Change? This drought
Bleeds on now we're
Dancing for rain.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
jenpiglet17 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jen

Re: I miss Daddy. - March 12th 2011, 05:47 AM

I'm sorry I know what it's like to lose a father... Mine passed away also, but when I was just in 3rd grade. I was closer with him than i was my mother. If you ever need someone to vent to, I'm always here and I'll always listen!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Peyton Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Peyton

Re: I miss Daddy. - March 24th 2011, 08:21 PM

Im sorry to hear this i know what its like to lose a dad mine died 5 years ago im always here if you need to talk <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Re: I miss Daddy. - March 24th 2011, 08:24 PM

I'm sorry about the loss of your Dad. You both sounded really close. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. You can PM or VM me anytime.

Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
bethhhjo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Beth-Jo

Re: I miss Daddy. - March 26th 2011, 12:11 AM

I'm so sorry about your Dad :'/
Just wanted to say, that what you're going through, is perfectly normal.
Try and live your life now, as your Dad would've wanted you to?
I'm always here if you need to talk! beth.jo@hotmail.co.uk
xxxxxxxxxxx

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Believe. Offline
Average Joe

Name: you can call me iz

Re: I miss Daddy. - March 26th 2011, 06:09 AM

i'm sorry, it must hurt a lot. i haven't lost anyone so i can only imagine. if i did, i would just hold on to the good memories, like what he tought you and what it was like having him around. it's good that you miss him becasue even though he's gone your love still remains. try to remember that he's in a good place, ok? if you're religous, he's in heaven. if you're not, he's at rest. ok? i hope you feel better, and i hope this helped...

Blah

(#8 (permalink)) Old
snoogums Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Blue

Re: I miss Daddy. - March 27th 2011, 06:23 AM

i am so sorry about your dad my uncle died 2 years ago and he lived with us for 5 years of my life so i was very close to him like a father my real dad is an ass and no longer a part of my life. As long as you have good memories of him he is never truly dead. <3

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Ali Baba Offline
Honesty, Loyalty, Respect.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alexandra

Re: I miss Daddy. - March 27th 2011, 09:21 AM

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should try writing letters to him, it really helped me cope. It allowed me to release some of the emotions I had been bottling up for so long. Also don't be afraid to talk about him, he was your hero and he should be acknowledged. I've gotten to a place where I can think or talk about my dad and smile afterwards, just grateful to have the 15 years I did have with him. You'll get to that place too, but you have to let yourself move on first. That doesn't mean forgetting about him, but remembering him in a positive light and letting go of the anger and the need you have for revenge. It will only make you unhealthy. Stay strong! You can do it.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
because you are amazing anyway
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Eliza-Grace/Endure

Re: I miss Daddy. - April 3rd 2011, 11:47 AM

i feel like this right now, my dad died just before my 11th birthday. i never got to see him much coz he lived with his mum and dad coz they were very ill, i still remember waking up cryying coz i miss him so much. and tonight i just feel so sick just thinking about it.

talk to me when ever. <3

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX
  Send a message via MSN to EndureEmo  
Closed Thread