TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Don't Know What I can Do - May 27th 2011, 04:41 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey guys!

Well, let's start off with the basics here. Yesterday, I got a text message from my favorite girl in the world, my best friend Julie. Julie is the mother of my two year old god daughter Ashley, but she is also my ex-boyfriend's older sister. Obviously, I stay in contact with her and the rest of the family because of my strong ties with them. Anyways, the text I received said that Ron's, her husband of almost 8 years) father had passed away. I sent her a text back, asking her to call me when she got the chance, wanting details.

Well, when she did call me, I learned that he did not pass away on Wednesday like I had thought. It turned out, he died on Monday, sometime in the early morning. Everyone is tramautized by what happened. They went an entire day without even realizing that there was a dead man in their home (He died in the morning, wasn't found until Ron had gotten home from work in the afternoon). He had been complaining about his lack of sleep the last couple of days, so Julie just assumed he had been sleeping.

I was personally invited by Julie and Ron to attend the funeral. I only met his father on a few occasions, but I have known the man for almost 6 years (I began dating my ex in 2006). He was quiet, and usually kept to himself, but was always friendly to me whenever I visited the family (he had just moved in with them not too long before this occurred).

I love them, but I'm not exactly sure how to help them. I am attending the wake, which takes place tomorrow night. I even told them that if I couldn't make it to the funeral home, I'd come straight to the house, where I'm sure they'll feel more comfortable to begin with. I don't have a lot of money, so I can't send flowers or bring food along with me to leave in the eating area.

Anyone have any tips or ideas on what I can do? Thanks.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
dipka Offline
I gotta say what’s on my mind…
Average Joe

Re: Don't Know What I can Do - May 27th 2011, 07:05 PM

Im very shocked by your tragic loss, I understand the sort's of things you must be feeling.. I think it's great that you want to do whatever you can even without the options that most people can go for

How about a homemade gift?
You know the saying's.. thigs such as homemade comes with the most love, or it's the thought that count's

All the best with everything, Im sure you will do a fantastic job, just keep strong.
dipka

You have just read Dipka's forum post. Dipka is a HelpLINK mentor who is allays happy to help, please just let me know. Also, check out my profile for more about me
Dipka x

IMPORTANT!! When replying partiqually if I started the tread please can people read
the following thread
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f122-...ngs-propperly/

In that thread poast 6 clearly state's what coulors I can see best so please can you use these if possible so I can read your reply.

Some of my favourite quotations
*what does not destroy you as a warrior makes you stronger
*the tree that is slowest to grow bears the sweetest fruit
*when the sky is at it's darkest is when you can see the stars
*Ancient stone cannot be polished without friction, nor a warrior perfected without trials
*The warrior who has the ability to move mountains begins by carrying small stones

Help-link Mentor 29/6/11

Closed Thread