TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

trouble. - March 11th 2009, 02:27 AM

never mind

Last edited by Double X; March 25th 2009 at 08:51 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Post Re: trouble. - March 11th 2009, 07:21 AM

Hey there,

Loss is difficult, no matter how we lose a loved one. Some death is more shocking, like suicide or other unexpected loss, but even when we know ahead of time, losing someone is not easy to cope with. Your pain is no less important than that of anyone else who posts here--you deserve to be heard, just as everyone else.

I know how tragic it can be, to lose a friend. When we're young we don't expect our peers to die--we're supposed to be invincible. When we lose someone who is young, we are reminded that no one is immortal, that one day, we will all die. It becomes difficult to feel like we can do anything.

He sounds like such a wonderful person. Remember him for that. Remember him for the good things he brought to your life. You cannot make new memories with him, but those you have are yours to keep, forever.

Life is hard and it can get lonely, at times. But don't let yourself be alone. There is always someone there.

Let me know if you need anything. Take care.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Katieeee Offline
that's what she said.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: trouble. - March 13th 2009, 03:27 AM

Hey.
I know what you're going through. One of my closests friends died awhile back. It was really sudden too. I know how painful it can be, and how lost you feel. I know that it feels like there is a huge hole in your chest, and that no matter how hard you try, nothing will cover it up, and that words alone can't fix it. You just have to keep moving forward. Know that your friend would wanted you to have done that.

If you need anything, i'm here for you.

You gotta spend some time love
You gotta spend some time with me
And I know that you'll find love
I will possess your heart

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: trouble. - March 19th 2009, 03:28 AM

Kyle.

i have one FACT to say..

true friends never leave. which is why you can probably feel him blessing you, both from your heart and high above never forget that.

and knowing him, he would definitely want you to live to the fullest.

so make sure you do.. with a big smile on your face.

always ready to help.. no matter what!

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: trouble. - March 20th 2009, 12:52 AM

Kyle, I'm really extremely sorry about your friend. Of course it sucks to lose someone, and it hurts a Hell of a lot, but you have to try your hardest to deal with this, and not give up on yourself and the good things that still go on in the world.

Your friend sounds like such a friendly person. Try to remember all the good times, try to remember the times he made you smile, and made your day simply amazing just by being by your side. Your friend might have been taken from you, but no one can ever take those memories away from you - hold on to them forever.

Your friend wouldn't want your life to be ruined because of this, so use him as your inspiration. Think of him when things in life get tough, and how he would be there to make you feel better. He's never fully gone - you still have him in your heart, and you still have all of those memories with him. You might not be able to see him near, but he is.

This will become easier to deal with after awhile, and it will be easier to think of your friend without feeling like there's a hole in your chest. For now, just keep on living, and remembering your friend for who he was, and the way he could make everyone feel great about their lives and themselves.

If you ever need to chat about anything at all, you can always PM me. Hang in there. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: trouble. - March 22nd 2009, 07:32 PM

Not to sound like a dicknose because I do appreciate the responses greatly...but I have heard it so much I could simulate how someone reacts. I guess I am just hoping someone will come with new advice, outlook, breakthrough, or something that would make me feel any better.

I think I am becoming emotionally numb to current things that are happening, which I think could be just as bad if not worse than depression. Not scared of death, not anything...just kind of worries me in an sadly ironic way.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: trouble. - March 23rd 2009, 02:14 AM

kyle,then maybe you should start going things that help "reawaken " your emotions. such as reading a touching book... or watching a touching movie. all this can help to make you "feel " again

i hope this bit helps..

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread