TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hear my whispers in the dark..
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Unhappy My cat is dying...=[ - March 17th 2009, 01:53 AM

So, I know this probably sounds really lame, and I'm sorry, but my heart is absolutely breaking right now...
My cat, Sunny, who just had his 16th birthday last month, is curled up on a pillow, dying...
He was sleeping in the bathroom most of the day, and he ventured out about 2 hours ago to go lay down in our family room.
I was petting him for awhile, and he laid against my arm, putting his head on my hand, and stretched his paws out. He's not purring, which is unusual for him, and he is just very unresponsive.
I love him so much, I just never thought he could...die. My earliest memory in my life is of us getting him. I was three years old. And it was one of the happiest times in my life. I love animals, I have 58 of them. But Sunny was my first pet. And the one who is closest to my heart...
I'm going to miss him so much...I don't deal with deaths well, and fortunately, I haven't had to deal with many. But the ones I've had to deal with have been very significant, so it's very hard on me...my brother died 3 years ago and that was really hard, to lose someone so close to me. And now I'm losing Sunny, who feels like such a part of my life, because I grew up with him...
I just want to die with him...i'm going to miss him so much....
  Send a message via AIM to thegirlnextdoor89 Send a message via Yahoo to thegirlnextdoor89  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - March 17th 2009, 02:05 AM

Jen, it's okay to be sad. My cat was 13 or 14 when she finally went off to die. And I miss her everyday.But 16 is old for a cat.Enjoy your time with you cat, just be with him. I know it hurts, but sometimes we just have to let go. Pm if you need someone to listen.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - March 17th 2009, 02:57 AM

Hey Jen.

firstly, you have to remember that your cat will never want to you feeling down no matter what, remember that your cat wants its owner, the person who shared happy memories, and everything together with it, to be happy. i know this is a tough time..and i myself wont be sure whether i can get through this but the most important thing you have to learn is that you must be strong for your cat

besides that, your cat will definitely want to spend its time together with you give it many hugs, cradle it in your hand.. and never stop giving love to it the happy memories together will stay on.. forever

always ready to help and support

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Care-o-Bear Offline
I <3 him! :)
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Caroline

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - March 17th 2009, 07:07 AM

oh goodness, honey, I'm so sorry! I know exactly how you felt. My first dog died when he was 16 and he had been my pet since before I was born. It honestly broke my heart. I felt bad for being so upset about him when there were other people losing people. But, it is still a huge loss and you should give yourself time to cry and be upset. Eventually, you start to cry less and think about the times more happily. I'm sorry! I know it's hard, that's the best I can do. Good luck with all of this!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - March 17th 2009, 08:08 AM

Don't feel lame for a second! It hurts us when anyone close to our hearts leaves us wether they are human or not. I know if my cat omelet died I would be heartbroken because I love her to pieces. Try and think of all of your good times together. Sunny has lived a very long life. I am sure it was happy as well because it is obvious you care about her very much. If it is not to late could you take her to the vet? They might be able to do something to help her (I remember when I thought my cat omelet was dying she just has cat scratch fever) if there is nothing they can do to save her then maybe they could at least make her more comfy. Maybe think of what to do in her memory. Maybe plant a tree in your backyard in her memory? Maybe plant some sunflowers even? Hang in there.

<3- Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BBM Offline
. don't look back .
Not a n00b

Name: . alise .

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - March 17th 2009, 08:22 PM

why feel lame? :< please don't feel dumb or bad, because it's perfectly normal to grieve! i was heartbroken when my... hamster (yeah, that's right, hamster. :P) died, and i couldn't stop crying for weeks. it was very hard. anyways, i hope you feel better. ^^

. smile .

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Magicalisland Offline
Human being
Junior TeenHelper

Name: E. Brill

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - March 17th 2009, 08:32 PM

You poor thing. My cat died a few months ago of heart failure. I was absolutely heartbroken for a day but the next day I felt fine. I guess it was because I knew she was going to be very happy in her next life. I don't know what you believe about death but I am certain your cat is going somewhere nice.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - March 31st 2009, 07:50 PM

I thought I updated this thread, I guess I didn't!!
My cat is still alive. *Does happy dance*. He was really sick that night, and no one in my family thought he was going to make it. He hadn't eaten all day, or drank anything, but he threw up. He was laying behind the toilet in our bathroom, which he never does. He wasn't responding to us being around him, and his body felt cold to the touch. I said goodbye to him that night.
The next day, he was up walking around like nothing was wrong. Since then, he has been eating and drinking well, he's been his social self, and he seems to be doing just fine. We have no idea what made him act the way he did, but we're glad he's okay. With him being as old as he is, I doubt it will be too much longer before he actually does pass, but I'm definitly thankful for the time we have left. <3
  Send a message via AIM to thegirlnextdoor89 Send a message via Yahoo to thegirlnextdoor89  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - March 31st 2009, 08:09 PM

Awww Jen, your original post brought tears to my eyes. Im sooooo glad Sunny is back to his normal self.

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - March 31st 2009, 08:39 PM

Aww
Such an adorable little kitty. I'm glad that he's doing okay

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - March 31st 2009, 10:08 PM

Hurrah! We thought my cat had lung cancer months ago but she didn't!

But you know in that picture that cat is thinking 'let me down let me down let me down'. :P

cheers

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - March 31st 2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
Hurrah! We thought my cat had lung cancer months ago but she didn't!

But you know in that picture that cat is thinking 'let me down let me down let me down'. :P

cheers
Haha, nah, Sunny was definitly not thinking that lol. He was purring and sucking on me (he's a weirdo and likes to suck on our clothing...clothes go into the laundry after being defiled by cat spit lol).
Being held is my cats favorite thing in the world. When being held, he likes to give my dog a look like ". I'm being held and you're nooooot!"
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
sphynx Offline
A Work In Progress
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - April 1st 2009, 06:51 AM

Awwuh. <3

Your cat, and the bond you share with one another, reminds me so much of my Kinton. Amazing how the brats can do that to you, worry you mad one day and be up and back to their normal selves the next like nothing ever happened. I'm so glad to hear he's okay, though! And the picture brought a smile to my face.

xo Claire

Clean since 01.08.09
  Send a message via MSN to sphynx  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - April 1st 2009, 10:32 AM

nice picture i'm glad everything's alright and Sunny's the cutey

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - April 1st 2009, 10:37 AM

Your cat lived 16 years, that's pretty good a lot of cats get run over and die quite early on. I know how hard it is when a pet dies my dog died about 5 years ago and I still think about it a lot. You just have to try your best and move one like you would if a person you know died.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: My cat is dying...=[ - April 1st 2009, 10:00 PM

I'm glad that Sunny is okay! He's so beautiful.

I'm going to close this thread, Jen. Take care and let me know if you ever need anything.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

Closed Thread